passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I think Skate 3 had an uptick like that a few years ago.  It states the obvious but this is why preservation and is important.  I did play it again at the end of 2019 / early 2020 and it is a great game to play to this day.

And yeah, the villains in it which were extreme and satirical now unironically sound like today's political commentators.  It's interesting going back to 🙃

I bought 2 games of Steam this morning called Heaven Dust. They’re like isometric, cartoon Resident Evil games, but as soon as I saw this trailer I was like ooh that looks good. 83% on Metacritic too

It was just one of those things that as soon as I saw it I thought that looks cool. Available on Switch, too, but I looked at that shooting and thought no mouse would be better 

That does look good. I was looking forward to giving Rogue Legacy 2 a go... Except it's not available on any [console] platform I own.🤷‍♂️

What are people’s video game plans for the bank holidays?

I’m looking to really getting back in to The Ascent and Heaven Dust 2. The Ascent is not an amazing game by any means, but got a lot of cool factor. Heaven’s Dust 2 in particular seems really fucking good. Super looking forward to seeing more of this game. 

I’ll also be doing the Alan Wake DLC and finishing that off and attempting the Shaodw of the Tomb Raider Deadly Obsession difficulty. Where every time you die you go back to a bonfire and bonfires costs resources to light. Thankfully I can do it in NG+ so I’ll have all the weapons and stuff. Let’s see how annoying it is. If it’s too much I’ll bail and start CoD Vanguard. 

Probably some Guilty Gear as well. 

Besides playing stuff there’s the PlayStation Showcase tomorrow, watch some Combo Breaker, think there’s another event thing happening as well but I can’t remember. 

Really looking forward to this! Can’t wait to stop work. Video games, here we go. 

Note that any responses like “I’m going to be a normal person and go outside and see people and live life” are unwelcome and I don’t respect it

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

I’m going to be a normal person and go outside and see people and live life

F*ck that! 😂 

I'll give some more time to God of War. See if I adapt to the seemingly wonky enemy targeting. I considered cracking open Fallen Order, too. Considering there was a sequel announcement the other day.

I dont have any bank holidays but after playing too much Mass Effect I think any light gaming will make me want to die so I'm going to finally slog through the latter half of season 2 of Star Trek and see when this series is actually supposed to become good

I will make it so, 'engage', ancient TNG memes etc

I’ve played about 1-2 hours of Diablo Immortal on my iPad and love it. It’s so good. I’ve never played a Diablo game before so have no idea how it stacks up to “real” Diablo games but I really like this. 

However the thing that’s stopping me from playing is storage of all things. It seems like it needs 10gb of storage on my device and no matter how or what I try I can’t make that much so the game has basically stopped.

I’ll try move it to PC because there’s a version there but I actually really liked playing this on the tablet 🙁

First world problems I know but what a dumb roadblock 

Never really understood the appeal of Diablo - I played the first one on PS1, it was okay, and more recently Diablo 3 on PS4, local co-op, but, much like Dungeon Siege and Titan Quest, I just end up getting quickly bored with the ARPG - wade through monsters, pick up loot, level up, repeat - it's just like playing Gauntlet back in the 80s but missing the interaction/camaraderie of 4 players around an arcade cabinet.

Can we start a E3-like thread and put all the updates and shows in there? I'd be interested in watching a lot of it and it'd be nice to have a central thread for the info and times etc