passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I really don’t like GTA5 but it’s also probably one of the best games ever made. That world they created, all the things that can be done in it, how it has a million systems going on and they all work and fit together. I never found it very fun but it’s hard to argue what an achievement it is (And the rest of the world loves it so that counts for a lot). It makes a lot of sense to me that’s it’s one of the top two.

God of War on the other hand is some bullshit it isn’t even the best game of 2018 but what you gonna do?

15 hours ago, OCH said:

So I cracked open the plastic of another game, sitting on my shelf. The Last Guardian... Sigh

I vaguely remember waiting a long, long time for this game. I can see what they were going for. A cross between ICO and SoTC. But I've played it for just over an hour and it is frustrating. Nag hated controlling Argo The Horse in SoTC. He would Really hate the AI of Trico.

Also, the camera...:fist:

I'm not starting a thread about this one. I don't think I'll contribute to the existing thread for this one. It would just be mirroring what was already said several years ago. Which is pointless. Suffice to say, the initial impression is that I'm on the fence with this one. ICO won me over quite quickly and SoTC is one of my favourite games of all time. TLG though... Undecided.

Also, The Last Guardian is a masterpiece.

I just want to give a quick shout out to all the options in Asscreed Valhalla, borrowed it from a mate and all the things you can adjust is just fantastic. From text styles, sizes and locations to being able to insta kill from sneak attacks to making it so enemy levels do or don’t scale with you.  

Id love more games that are actually good to incorporate more of that type of stuff going forward. Impressive stuff. 

1 hour ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Also, The Last Guardian is a masterpiece.

16 hours ago, OCH said:

I'm not starting a thread about this one. I don't think I'll contribute to the existing thread for this one. It would just be mirroring what was already said several years ago. Which is pointless. 

😏

19 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

It actually wouldn't cause everyone in that thread really likes the game lol

The point is, I already looked it up, read through the thread and decided not to add to it. The next time I mention TLG, will either be in the sacked off thread or the game completion one. 

Plus, on principle, any thread I get linked to. I will never use.

On 28/09/2021 at 15:06, Nag said:

Quick everyone... spam thread links!

Sorry, I was in a bad mood and a (usual) bit of pain yesterday, so I wasn't very clear. Let me be clearer:

On 28/09/2021 at 15:01, OCH said:

Plus, on principle, any thread I get linked to by Blakey. I will never use.

When you quote text, that specifically states it won't use a thread. Only to link the thread in the reply. At best, it is a case of not reading the text being quoted. One thing it isn't is helpful. I ignored it, the last time it happened. I will continue to do so.

16 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Anyway, God of War won that IGN poll. GoW 2018 is the greatest game of all time, finally confirmed. Not up for dispute, sorry, that's the rules

Weirdly enough, I was in Cex yesterday and they had GoW for £12. I was tempted. Also tempted to get the Ultimate Mega Drive collection (again) as I've felt the itch to play Shining Force lately.

1 hour ago, OCH said:

Sorry, I was in a bad mood and a (usual) bit of pain yesterday, so I wasn't very clear. Let me be clearer:

When you quote text, that specifically states it won't use a thread. Only to link the thread in the reply. At best, it is a case of not reading the text being quoted. One thing it isn't is helpful. I ignored it, the last time it happened. I will continue to do so.

I think this "write a bit about a game in a general thread and not in the topic for it" thing comes from Games TM and when the exodus happened everyone made the time and effort to realign to how we post here (for example, not posting impressions in news threads) and this has been pretty well stuck to. If you're playing something, and you want to write something about it, then write it in the thread for the game, if a thread doesn't exist, make one. We don't pay per thread, it might get ignored or could turn into a 10 pager, who knows.

It seems odd that you went to the effort to find and then read the thread only to then not post in the thread. For future reference, if it has a topic, post in the topic. Thanks

(Also stop being rude to @disturbedswan, he's only young and you'll hurt his feelings)

It's sometimes hard to justify making threads when only one person is playing tbh. I did it for pathologic and I think that game was interesting enough to post about, but there's lots of other stuff where it's hard to know really.

I hope some people on here get into FFXIV Endwalker, I know I saw whiskeychaser post in the thread but I dunno if he's stuck with it or not