passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Mario, Mortal Kombat, Castlevania.

Without wider context, each series has a lot of diverse entries that will keep you busy for a while.

1 minute ago, Maf said:

Seems harsh @Nag why would you do that

Agreed. @Nag it seems, really is Wesker...

21 minutes ago, Nag said:

Street Fighter surprises me... didn't expect that one.

I rate Garou as the better fighting game, but Alpha, SF3 and SF4 are incredible fighting games. I'd like to have a fighting game if I could only have 3 games forever

I know it said without context but for context the reason I would pick Mario and Zelda is because to me these are the series I rate highest above all others. I can’t think of another series that has this many entries in it that I would still score so highly. Mario is almost all 10’s across the board with a couple of 7’s and Zelda is a super consistent mix of 8’s, 9’s and a couple of all time 10’s for good measure. 

There isn’t another series on that list that has that many games in it that scores that well with me. Pokemon can’t do it. Halo can’t do it. God of War can’t do it. Sonic certainly can’t fucking do it. And you know I love these video games but it’s just different. Mario and Zelda are just different. There is them and then there is everything else. So random select because no matter what got picked I’d probably sit there and play Mario and Zelda anyway. 

Agreed on Mario @Maf. Not including the side series, I've never played a Mario Platformer I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Zelda.. I've fallen out of love with, I guess. The last few I really didn't enjoy (Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Four Swords series, Breath of The Wild) so it has taken away from that immediate "yes" I always had for playing the series.

Having a longer look, there are only a handful on that list I've never played: Spyro, Sly Cooper, Monster Hunter, Persona, Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Chronicles. 

Zelda, Uncharted, GTA. I feel like that's enough of a range of genres over many, many systems, so I'm sure to get plenty of life from them all.

Also, this is totally random, but me and a mate have been discussing something recently and I really want to see it in some capacity next gen - I'd like some sort of system where you can 'reachieve' achievements or trophies. Not in a way that affects your points or level, but just a slightly different noise or a slightly differently coloured pop up to tell you you've hit those milestones again.

It'd be a great idea for those games you start and don't finish. A way to encourage you to get back to the previous point you hit.

I want a trophy system on Switch too. God damn it give me some sort of progress pop ups!

23 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

that whole 'I only play one game' thing

To be honest, I've had that since I played Dark Souls Remastered. Finished that then got into FF9. Which I did pause when Paper Mario arrived, as I have completed it before. Now I completed Paper Mario, I've turned my attention back to The Legend of Bumbo (PC), which I thought I'd nearly finished already. The problem with that is it takes a while to get back into the groove with a "battle" puzzle game. I'm enjoying it though. Probably finish the last 5-10 hours of FF9 afterwards, then turn my attention to my unfinished Switch back catalogue. It is nice to actually have finished games for a change.

I wonder if they realise that their target audience is on average 11 years old. 

Still, I think this might be a good thing (?). I don't know for sure. I also wonder if they'll be going after the console platform holders as well, since those digital stores don't operate that differently to the App Store as fr as I know. 

I think you should be able to access other stores on the consoles, or at least have other ways to buy digital games. As things stand, if you go all digital next gen you're paying whatever Sony and Microsoft tell you to pay. People always like to use pc gaming as an example of being all digital and the audience being fine with it, but on pc there's multiple ways to buy games, you can shop around 

Which is why I'm not really sure why Google have been brought in to this. Fortnite only recently went on to the Play store, Epic have clearly put it on there to set this up. But they've been using android for Fortnite for years, you can load it from outside the Play store, Amazon do the same. 

Why I don't think they'll win this is that if they did it'd mean you could sell on Amazon and eBay etc but not pay them a penny. I can't see that happening. But I suspect its more to put pressure on them

I think we'd all like to see more money go back to developers, and I'd definitely like to see fewer closed platforms, but I'm not sure epic have gone about this in the best way