passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I enjoyed Odyssey a lot more than BoTW. To the extent I completed the former and traded in the latter. That said, I don't think I've even played 10 [exclusive] Switch games so far.  

What was the most common type of Mega Drive people had? I had the Mega Drive 1 growing up but was always jealous of a friend of mine that had a Mega Drive 2. I just think it looks way cooler. I know there is a Mega Drive 3 but I guess that’s really rare. I don’t even know what it looks like. 

I never gave it a thought back in the day but it’s funny now that on the back of the Mega Drive it says “High Definition Graphics” I guess technically for the time they weren’t lying. 

When I was a very young kid I never understood the volume switch on the MD1 was for headphones. I thought it was supposed to do something for the music in the game, and because it never did anything I assumed mine was broken. In fairness it also had a very light and flimsy feel to it. It felt broken.

@Nag how you gonna tell me the 1 looks better than the 2 my guy. 

egzsyhlhgif21.jpg

I had MD 2. Didn't even know about the MD 1. Certainly no one I knew had one. I probably just assumed the previous model referred to was the Master System IE Mega Drive was the 2nd Sega console. To look at the MD 1, it is a blocky, unsightly thing. With those hideous dials, it's like some relic from the 70's. It reminds me of the difference between our SNES design and the US...

USA-SNES_-_JPN-SuperFamicom-800x400.png

12 minutes ago, retroed said:

Didn't know about the MD1? Wtf. ?

Mega Drive was released here (after a quick google search) in September 1990. Assuming we got MD 2 for Christmas that year, I was 7 y/o.  I definitely wouldn't have had my finger on the pulse of gaming knowhow, so to speak.?‍♂️