passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

@radiofloyd scrubbing through, they didn't look very playable to non-Japanese speakers to me? Nice art style though

The character designer was also the director and character designer of Cowboy Bebop, according to the wikipedia page. 

1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

I was reading through an old back issue of GamesTM from 2007, and had a wry smile to re-read the article by @radiofloyd about solo playing GH and the subsequent issues of then playing it with mates as a fun multiplayer.

Nice memories.

Haha yeah, i think that issue had World of Warcraft on the cover, one of the expansions. They smartened it up from what i originally wrote.

15 hours ago, Nag said:

Resident Evil has passed 100 million sales so in honor of that achievement here's a question... which one game is the best in the series?

Coming from a spectator's point of view, not an active player's, I'd say REmake 1 too. It felt like the most well-rounded to watch and was a great experience for someone who doesn't have the skillset to play them.

Still wanna play 6 though. That looks like something I could get into.

@one-armed dwarf  independent, wrote for a site that was called Gamepulse, then Bitparade. Would get a game a week in the last few years, but they were generally either giant JRPGS from Atlus, PQube and the like or tiny indie games no one else would cover (some of them were really good). Got some big stuff over the years, but not much. Once got sent a legal document from Koch media I was supposed to get someone in authority to witness, I just forged a signature on it. Had the world exclusive on Valkyria Chronicles pc port because everyone else thought there was an embargo. I personally got blacklisted by EA, the site got blacklisted by ignition, which was a shame, but they were struggling and tried forcing us to write a review by a set date, so someone who didn't like the games (it was a couple of SNK collections) reviewed them rather than me (I ordinarily would have done), gave them a lower score, then they wouldn't deal with us again

It was fun and a good way to channel my opinions, but I remember having to review the PS4 ports of Danganronpa in about a week, whilst working overtime. It was too much and it wasn't worth sticking with. Especially as the site really needed an overhaul which none of us could do

edit: @Rikzilla looks like your games were a better standard than I used to get. I think the first I ever got might have been the PS2 Family Guy game? I remember getting one of the King of Fighters Maximum Impact games though

I got a 144hz monitor. Anyone here own one of these things?

I must admit I find it hard to see the higher framerate. I've tried a few things on it. FFXIV, DMC5, RDR2. Mainly I used RDR2 to test the gsync function which adjusts your refresh rate as your framerate dips and dives. RDR2 is a hard game to run smooth but with this you can get still a very nice experience out of weird framerates like 45fps while keeping vsync off.

But with the other two I really strained to see much change. At 130fps in DMC5 there was definitely some improved motion clarity and things where easier to react to even with all the particle effects. But I dunno, that could also just be the 1440p resolution. It's not as revelatory to me as I'd expected. Not as big as 30 to 60fps.

I have one. Anything above 100fps and I don't notice it in games. I do find it very strange going between computers/monitors between home and work though, one always feels really slow and the other really fast when I'm moving the mouse

I guess I didn't quite know what to expect. I was doing a 24 man raid in ff and I think it said 80fps or something, which really just felt like 60 but it's easier to see everything that is happening (raids being very messy).

I heard the impact is more obvious in twitch shooters, which I dont play.

The biggest impact I've noticed is scrolling quickly through my steam library, and scrolling through threads on here and ERA

It's hard to tell how much longer I've got left with Dark Souls. I could just go for Nito, BoC, straight to Gwyn and end it. Coming back to the DLC at a later date.

The idea is I want to start Munch's Oddysee in June (don't know how long that is) and finish both of these before FF 9 in July. The other games on my Switch have been put to a further backburner for now.

Some of us might be on these mailing lists but I saw one from Gamescom trying to sell masks with 'cool gaming designs; #staysafe.

They really are still going ahead with GC, or pretending to anyway. There's no way to social distance at an event like that unless they sell like 5% of their usual ticket sales. I'm pretty sure the air quality there in 2019 was 20% BO and booty sweat.

edit, google says its cancelled actually. So maybe it's just digital this year

I've been toying with having a proper collection of something, and I'm at the point of lock down where I'm thinking that collection should be a copy of every Sonic game. Not a copy of every port, that would be ludicrous, but I was thinking about it and realistically I'm missing the Master System/Game Gear games (1, 2, Chaos, Drift etc), the 360 Sonic, Sonic Forces, the party game, the 2nd DS game, Sonic Blast, the 3DS Sonic Forces, the PS3/360 version of Unleased because I have the PS2 version, and Spinball, CD and Chaotix.

I think I need some outside stimulus ? 

There's going stir crazy and then there's buying every Sonic game

Having used my high fps monitor for about a week I've started to feel the difference more. One thing I tried it with last night was the DmC reboot. That game has a lot of very 'active' environment visuals, so it gets weirdly surreal and cool looking at 165 fps (which it hits easily due to being old).

Hopefully next gen remasters continues to be a big thing then as next gen consoles are suppose to have this tech in it.

So a month ago I got a C9 because a friend of mine bought my old 4K OLED. When looking in to TV’s the best options came down to either the Samsung Q90R or the C9. I saw both of them side by side in a shop and as impressed as I was with the Q90R even me, who doesn’t really know much about this stuff, could see that the picture wasn’t as good, and I don’t think I can go back to non-OLED. They’re just too pretty.

The other thing that influenced my purchasing decision, though, was that it can do 120 FPS and VRR (see below)

EZgnAi2XgAE4CTm?format=jpg&name=large
EZgnA96XgAEWrDy?format=jpg&name=large

I don’t think it’s useful right now at all because as much as the Xbox can do it I don’t know any games that do it. And maybe when the new consoles come out it will be something they don’t do regularly, either. But since I was going near enough top of the line anyway, thought I might as well future proof just in case 120 does become a thing. 

It also has that low latency mode, HDMI 2.0 and other stuff that I don’t know much about.

I can turn my Xbox on and off with my TV remote now so that’s cool.