passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Anyone seen this wrestling thing going around?

Dave Lang (@JosephJBroni) Tweeted:
Making wrestling games is hard

It’s about a minute long and takes half of that to warm up but it’s pretty good 

I can't wait until that game drops to a tenner and I can witness all this for myself. With any luck that'll even be by Christmas!

Basically what's happened is WWE cut ties with the long time 2K developer Yuke's (mainly because Yuke's wanted to develop other wrestling games where they could have a little creative freedom) and gave it over to some no-name company who have been helping with certain modes on the last few year's games. Yuke's were to stay in an advisory role. This happened in August - three months before it dropped.

The devs who took over creating the game were given a decade old engine they have zero real experience with and told to whip up a game quick smart. Which has resulted in this cluster-fuck.

Absolutely hilarious footage there, proper had me in tears laughing.

Course, then you think the bastards are charging full price for it, and somehow you don’t think the fans are laughing.

The scenario Regemond describes speaks volumes. No doubt this will be having some significant repercussions.

I doubt it'll have any effect tbh, @AndyKurosaki, as you'll still get blinkered parents and grandparents buying these games every Christmas for little Timmy, not realising just how bad they are. As long as they continue to get (insert number) sales every year they're never gonna change it up too much.

• 2 weeks later...

So Death Stranding is the latest game to suffer this issue but definitely not the first, but the text in it is way too small if you don't have a massive TV or play right in front of a monitor. Shared living doesn't give me the luxury of just lugging a big, massive fuck off sized TV everywhere.

When doing my deliveries in Death Stranding I was just skipping through all the results screens cause I couldn't read any of it. If any of this is important, then I don't know. Probably will never know.

Control has this problem, so did the last God of War. It is endlessly frustrating that UI scaling doesn't seem to matter to game designers. It's not even just a big TV issue, it's a huge accessibility oversight.

It's a really huge issue in Control actually cause there are so many documents in that game to read. It is the main reason I stopped playing that game, it was miserable and uncomfortable

Yl0Ba9y.gif

this is one of those 'not the end of the world' things but I'm going to complain about it anyway. I got the 2 months for £2 Game Pass almost exactly 2 months ago, it was either the basic GP for 1 month at £1 or the one with Gold for 2 months, £1 each month, so I did the latter. Obviously if I were to let that auto renew I'd be paying the more expensive rate (£11), but all was fine because Microsoft email you to tell you your sub is running out.

I didn't get an email from them, but I knew it was running out soon so I checked the date, it runs out on the 11th. No problem, set it to not auto sub or cancel, buy the cheaper one, problem solved. Microsoft have already taken the payment out 2 days early :fist:

In fairness to them, I went on to a live chat and the guy sorted it so I'd get the refund of my stolen money, and I can pay the £4 for the next month. Between Gears 5, Ape Out and Outer Worlds I've easily had my eventual £6 worth, I'll probably let it end over Christmas and pick it up again next time there's a big game

So recently I've bought three games: Blasphemous, Cuphead & The Legend of Bum-bo. Up until today, I've played none of them. As I was up early this morning, I decided to give Bum-bo a go. Technically it is a "prequel" to the Binding of Isaac, but whereas that is a top-down Rogue-like, Bum-bo is essentially Puzzle Quest. Not only that but being a Edmund McMillen game, it is also quite hard if your Tetris-Brain isn't active. I finished Chapter One, unlocked the second character and decided that was enough for today. Really enjoyed.

Might give Blasphemous or Cuphead a go when I next have the time. Or Battlechasers, Or Dark Souls Remastered Or etc etc

They really wouldn't, just you and Wiivo because you're always at each other. On that note, you've been very lucky not to have picked up more bans than you have, take the hint.

To explain it to you, the reason I/we/whatever don't like currently playing threads is it's a dumping ground. Impressions get lost, they might as well not have been posted. An impressions thread can be searched for and replied to months or years later as more people play the game 

Because nag we're getting very tired of having to argue with you constantly. I said I didn’t think we needed one and got a condescending reply back. You've been told repeatedly about your need for the last word, you did it the other day after Jim had a word with you, you've done it repeatedly today. I'm going to be frank, do it again and you can have a few days off