passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I just thought I'd put in a post to let you know what I'm doing. And it's kinda sad, lol. I'm hooked on Eve Online!!! I've got loads of games digitally (Steam, Uplay, Ubisoft, Xbox One) and also subscribe to the Xbox game pass, and all I'm playing at the mo is Eve. 

To be honest I've wanted to play this game for years, but I've only just found out it now has gone free to play. It still has the subscription model and the free gamers are locked down in how far they can go, but I'm having so much fun with it. Even when I got my ass handed back to me after losing a destroyer class ship that cost me 3 million ISK once it was kitted out. 

I will come away from.it at some point. I want to play Gears 5 while it's on game pass, and Borderlands 3 has just come out too. 

Also, I'm writing an article that I hoped to post here. I did one a while ago about graphic engines that seemed to go down well. This article is about the humble blue LED. Sounds boring eh? But you'd be surprised how much modern tech would not be around if this little thing was not perfected.

I bought a game called "Kind Words (lo fi chill beats to write to)"

It's not so much a game really. You sit in a room listening to chilled out music and write supportive messages to real strangers in response to confessional notes they've written about what's worrying them. Or you write your own, and can get responses from people yourself.

I responded to a couple, and then wrote my own. A little later a cute deer in a mail hat delivered me a handful of nice replies from anonymous strangers. I thanked them with stickers.

It was a really nice experience. I'm starting my Sunday feeling relaxed and positive about the world.

@Cyberpunk I remember hearing that blue LED took years to develop, for whatever reason it was really difficult for them to do, but because of that now it's spammed everywhere

@Craymen Edge I saw some of that. Nice idea, feels like it should have come out on the early days of a console to just get the positivity, but I'm not sure it's my sort of thing

there's probably a next-gen features thread this could go in, but something that's been bouncing around my head that I'm not sure is entirely possible, is multiple suspension states on the next gen consoles

The consoles aren't going to be powerful enough to run 2 games at once, unless it's something basic and something middling, even then is there the bandwidth on the SSD etc, but it's something that plays on my mind with the Switch especially

I picked it up this morning to play Untitled Goose Game but Astral Chain was suspended, so I had to play that to a new checkpoint before I could load Goose without losing progress. PC doesn't have suspension like that, it has quick saves which mitigate that a bit, and you can have all sorts of stuff running in the background if you want. Phones do a good job of letting you have multiple things suspended. On Switch, or whatever handheld we get next, I'd love to be able to have multiple things I can just pick up and play as and when

Some weeks ago Borderlands 3

3 weeks ago Astral Chain

2 weeks ago Gears 5

1 weeks ago Link’s Awakening

This weeks ago Code Vein

And I found out I could play Bloodstained on the Xbox last night so downloaded that

Chill out, video games. Take a break or something 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I watched 2 series then got very very bored of it setting up really important moments and questions, then not addressing them for weeks or ever

'Or ever' was the norm in the end...?