passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

There's a new fighting game coming out (might be out elsewhere but I've just got an email about it on PC) called Million Arthur: Arcana Blood, and it might have the best plot of any fighting game ever

This smash-hit game series is set in the world of "Britain", home to a million King Arthurs and a million Excaliburs. The Arthurs each strive to become the one true king

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I've been watching a Zelda 2 LP (oneyplays). It's a dumb LP but I Zelda II looks super interesting.

It's like an actual RPG. I'm trying to remember now if it was one of the games on the SNES mini cause I kind of want to play some of it.

It'll probably be on the NES mini. 

Zelda II was my first Zelda and I loved it back then.  Played quite a bit of it on Wii U as well and I still like it a bunch.  It is an interesting game. 

On 23/06/2019 at 12:49, DifferentClass said:

It'll probably be on the NES mini. 

Zelda II was my first Zelda and I loved it back then.  Played quite a bit of it on Wii U as well and I still like it a bunch.  It is an interesting game. 

My first owned Zelda was LTTP. We rented Zelda 2 first, but I don't remember ever getting very far (Much like when we rented the masochistic Super Star Wars games).  Many people have decried it as the "Black Sheep" of the series, but I always thought the only issue was the hit box of the Sword was too small.

As for Ghosts N' Goblins, I could never get into it. My brother and I had some of the "hardest" games of the era back in the day (Battletoads, Contra, Castlevania, TMNT, Bucky O' Hare, Captain Planet, Most Capcom platformers etc) but G N' G was always one step beyond me. However,  I took to Maximo many years later, much better.

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Celesteela, probably my most disliked Pokemon of all time. 

2797-Shiny-Celesteela.png

I absolutely hate the way it looks, when it was first shown it took me ages to work out what I was even looking at, and now I can see it I still don’t know what it is. Is it a bell or a nun or what. 

It somehow has a very bad move pool, really boring typing of Steel/Flying and yet is a complete pain in the ass. The moves it does get are Leech Seed, Protect and Flamethrower, both obnoxious and random, and it’s stats are actually real good so it lives every non super effective hit quite comfortably and if your team doesn’t have the tools is tremendously difficult to KO.

But not only does everybody use it because it’s bullshit but it’s no fun to use because it doesn’t do anything but sit there and be ugly. 

And to top it off it’s not even a Pokemon, really, it’s an “Ultra Beast” (Pokemon from another dimension). 

So boo Celesteela you suck ass muthafucka. You ruin every battle you’re in. 

I've don't really think of them as hawt and sexy tbh. More just a lump we tolerate because they inspire joy. But since you're twisting my arm, I do like the aesthetic of the older consoles that look like something out of Alien's idea of the future so they would likely dominate with the Vita at number one because of that OLED screen and it's sexy ways. 

I've never even heard of the SEGA Mark 3 before... It is quite ugly. Also Mega Drive II looked better than the first.

As far as Sony entries go, I'd agree with Vita being there, but the rest of them post-PSOne are just rectangular slabs. Speaking of which, Vita and this:

b6kC1QRRYeQjNCql.large

Would have been my picks for Sony. Personally I think 360 was probably the nicest Xbox, aesthetically.

Gamecube was cute (and quite indestructible) but N64 looked better. With smooth lines, rounded edges and pleasing symmetry. I suppose 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', after all.

That's an awful list. The Vita and 3ds, sure, I liked the novelty of the Gamecube at the time, the rest aren't good looking consoles. 

I'd agree with whoever said the Mega Drive 2. The white Saturn with the coloured controller buttons is great, the Dreamcast too. I'd maybe say the SNES too 

My dudes. Do you think if someone finds pictures of a teenage girl online and then uses them to trick people into following their PSN account by saying it is them, that that should be perhaps unacceptable? Sony do not. They do not one little bit. 

Related. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the trending section from PS4? 

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

My dudes. Do you think if someone finds pictures of a teenage girl online and then uses them to trick people into following their PSN account by saying it is them, that that should be perhaps unacceptable? Sony do not. They do not one little bit. 

Isn't that Catfishing? Which, although morally dubious and potential fraud, isn't illegal.