passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Hmm...I was only window shopping but £26.00 for DMC5 is a very good price. But I do want to play it on PlayStation 4 and FPS is not a deal breaker but it is another argument for the PS4 version.

I also missed out on the Division 2. On Amazon the other week that was around £25 I want to say but for some reason has now shot back up to £30-£40. Hoping it’s just because of E3 and then these prices tumble again.

annoyingly I bought some digital credit to get it from PSN before checking the price. I'd almost rather have got the physical version on Switch for the price

Oh well, might also just wait until it's a little cheaper, I've got other stuff to play

7 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

To be honest a lot of these games aren't intended to be an impulse purchase.  Plenty of people have been looking forward to them for ages. 

Exactly. If you're a big enough fan of Castlevania, you'd likely have already decided to pick up Bloodstained, regardless of the price.

This is a really good postmortem into what went wrong with Haze (and by extension Free Radical)

At least I found it interesting anyway. The team apparently begged for extensions and only got given them with the expectation that they would implement new features. Which isn't a good reason to delay a struggling game lol.

It was interesting in that it didn't really paint a pretty picture of UbiSoft. The rest of the story is rather well documented. I'm still a bit sad they had to go this way, it's not unlike how Silicon Knights disappeared though that was more of an internal than an external factor contributing to it.

That said, I bought my PS3 for two games originally: Flower and Haze. And I wasn't disappointed with Haze. It was really, really flawed but I had fun playing it and I think its storyline with the drugged soldiers was a good effort, even if it was told in a rather amateurish way.

It's probably borderline impossible to enjoy it by today's standards but I wasn't one of the disappointed Free Radical fans mentioned in the video, even if that doesn't matter much anymore.

I love that series from Matt, I'll watch that one some time over the next couple of days. I also quite enjoyed Haze to be honest. 2006-2009 was a great period for average FPS games with neat ideas. Timeshift, Blacksite, Call of Juarez etc. 

Sidenote, my brother in law had a job interview at Free Radical before Haze was officially announced. He's got this really vibrant, graffiti style to his art and flew all the way from Australia for the interview, thought he would be working on TS3 and then they show him Haze behind closed doors. Fuck.

So I haven’t played games properly in about 4 months. I had a week of sickness in Feb or something and played through Crackdown 3, played Resident Evil 2 for about an hour shortly after, and the rest of the time has just been grinding on Pokemon Let’s Go because it’s a good non-thinking after work game.

So E3 got me super energised to play games again. Even if the show was mostly uneventful just pure excitement of video games got to me. And even though I’m usually a one or two video game at a time kind of person, this week I thought fuck that. I got this time off, no stress going on, instead of feeling paralysed by having so many games to play - let’s just fucking play them. 

Now I played different games for anywhere between about 30 minutes and 5 hours this week, so this is not a definitive verdict or some bullshit forum wannabe review. this is purely ranked as the amount of enjoyment I got out of them myself. Mostly very good. Some not so. But whatever, generally had an amazing video game week and kind of sad it’s over 

D9NazmtXsAAoOhY?format=jpg&name=medium

Summer Games Done Quick starts next Sunday. Didn’t start watching these speedrun events until about two years ago and now I really love these things. The whole week’s schedule is below. Can’t say I’m super familiar with the runners, and I tend to watch them as they come up in my YT feed anyway. Punchy doing Silent Hill 3 should be good. He did a really fun run of Silent Hill 1 (Again below)

I don’t know if a thread exists for speedruns, if not I’ll start one Sunday and post runs I think are cool (And people post the ones they like as well!)

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule