passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I remember the opposite with Taz-Mania on the Mastersystem. I saved up my pocket money to buy it (pestered mum and dad to get it for me because only child) got it home and completed it in one sitting. Felt like a waste of £30 knowing I'd have to wait ages before I could get another game. 

I mean games can be too easy but Lion King is fucking bullshit. Even they are saying they made it hard because they were told too I just don’t believe they made it jump like that on purpose. 

On a completely separate note, is Sonic Pocket Adventure any good? It’s one of 2 Sonic games I’ve always wanted to play but never got the chance, the other being Knuckles Chaotix 

On 25/05/2019 at 18:49, Jimbo Xiii said:

I remember the opposite with Taz-Mania on the Mastersystem. I saved up my pocket money to buy it (pestered mum and dad to get it for me because only child) got it home and completed it in one sitting. Felt like a waste of £30 knowing I'd have to wait ages before I could get another game. 

I remember being bought Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage for the Dreamcast (many years before I even knew what Berserk was) for £40, in 2000. Completed it in two hours... Mum & Dad were not happy. Especially as, at the time, the shop we bought it from wouldn't refund it unless there was a fault.

I'm playing Guacamelee 2 at the moment and I really hate everything they have added since the first game. Mainly the expanded platforming which doesn't feel super great. I had to try this bit about a million and 5 times because the timing is fucky. There is a bit, just after I first change into a chicken where I need to slow down or I get to the next jump too soon and die, but then If I don't do the rest of the section perfectly I'm too slow and die. It's a bitch and I hated it. 

Memes tho amirite.

I think Guacamelee 2 is definitely a better game than the first, and I really appreciated the larger focus on platforming (mostly optional right?) compared to the very simple approach in the first game that was mainly combat focused. As a metroidvania it's still very simple to navigate so the platforming brought a much-needed element to the game.

Also the meme humour is way better in 2 than in 1, and all worth it for the part where they call it out.

Just had a quick go of PAYDAY2. Decided to go mouse and keys because I'm sort of OK with them now. Except apparently not, as I couldn't hit fucking shit and moving bags about was a real pain. I mean I'm better than I was, but if it wasn't for the bot and the game being set to easy I would have failed so hard.

I need to start playing faster games, I think. Stuff like Sea of Thieves, Fallout 4 and Left 4 Dead are good trainers, but when the speed ramps up and you have to start doing multiple key strokes, then that's what's fucking me.

I feel this is exactly the same feeling a non-gamer has when you give them a pad.

If you've already tried not being a scrub and it's not working have you tried something like Kovaaks aim trainer? There are a few pro players I watch on twitch that use it for warm ups and such. 

I video gamed!

For the first time in... a while. I played an hour of Binding of Isaac. Super rusty, but I enjoyed the distraction. The irony is that my entire gaming set up is right in front of me now, including my Switch. I'm probably a third into Hollow Knight and roughly the same into Dark Souls Remastered. Although I am thinking I'll have to start them from scratch as it's been so long since I played them. Still haven't even booted up Battle Chasers... Bloody real life distractions getting in the way of my leisure time!

10 hours ago, Bob said:

If you've already tried not being a scrub and it's not working have you tried something like Kovaaks aim trainer? There are a few pro players I watch on twitch that use it for warm ups and such. 

I've never heard of this before. I will look into it.

I ended up turning the sensitivity down and changing the key bindings so that shouting at people and picking up bags went from F to E and throwing bags and deploying equipment went from G to F. I just can't reach from Ctrl and Shift to G, my capability isn't there yet. I managed to muddle through. Once I got into the swing of moving bags that worked. The aiming still needs work though.

The guy I was playing with is new to mouse and keys as well, so basically the 2 AI that were with us did almost all of the heavy lifting. :lol: 

Got a basket on Amazon that has DMC5, Anthem and Sekiro in it all on Xbox for £87.97. Eek. I’m not going to click it, but it’s very tempting. Anthem is only £17.99 by itself 

@MafFYI DMC 5 is £27 on Xbox store at minute. Can get a £25 card from cdkeys for about £23 saving a couple of quid. And a lot cheaper than amazon. 

Just depends if your wanting to sell it on afterwards in which case buying from amazon will probably make more sense still.

Smyths have it for £30 delivered if you’re wanting it cheaper physically too.