passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

3 hours ago, illdog said:

Very odd that you say that. The misses was tidying one of her many cluttered drawers and found LoS 3. I finished the first two back in the day but never beat 3. It went straight in the Gameboy Micro.

I think I was missing one too. I had at least one GBA one and I know I played the DS one, but I'm sure there was one I never got around to 

I've set up that 8bitdo dongle I bought. I've tried it on the PC with a PS4 controller (the one I already have wired up to my pc within arms reach, but hey ho), and it works well. It was just a case of pressing the sync button on the dongle, then holding selct and home on the PS4 controller until it flashes white twice. easy

The Switch takes a little more doing. You need to go in to settings and turn on an option to use the Pro controller wirelessly, assuming you haven't done that already. Then it's the same process of pressing the button on the dongle and the button combination on the controller. Once it's set up go in to the grip order or whatever it's called in the Switch settings, doing the L+R thing. It works well though, I'm playing Bloodstained and it's the best the game has controlled for me

Unrelated, or sort of related. I was checking that I'd downloaded everything from the Wii to the WiiU, I tried to plug in the charge cable in to the WiiU gamepad, it looked a bit bent so I straightened it. Turns out it was actually my 3DS charge cable and straightening the edge has some how broken it beyond repair. Proper replacements are more expensive than I want to spend so I've had to get a cheap usb charger from amazon. This is particularly annoying because I've been playing something on my 3DS and now the battery is flat

1 hour ago, retroed said:

I've been using my 8bitdo SFC30 controller with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, and it's awesome. 

The SN30 is also very good, best d pad around I think. 

I'm tempted to pick up one of those dongles or something similar so I can use my wired 360 pad as well.

34 minutes ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

The SN30 is also very good, best d pad around I think. 

I'm tempted to pick up one of those dongles or something similar so I can use my wired 360 pad as well.

you won't be able to use a wired 360 pad with it I don't think. PS4, PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU (plus Wii) work though

7 hours ago, retroed said:

This is being released by 8bitdo at the end of February, @DANGERMAN

613PXtnMmJL._AC_.jpg

well that looks interesting. is there any way to use these on other (not natively supported) consoles, like ps4? does the adapter Dangerman has allow this? (edit - it doesn't)

there's some other 'official' megadrive/saturn pads coming out but they keep delaying them.

I subbed to Humble Bundle Monthly yesterday because of Yakuza 0 being part of it. I thought "Ah, it's cheaper there and I get Division as well as some other stuff. Signed up for a 3 month session and the next lot of games includes EDF 4.1. They know me too well.

It also has Vermintide 2 which some cunt banged on about forever for me to get as well, so that's nice. Also Cultist Simulator, whatever the hell that is.

Anyone else still on the Humble Bundle train?

I forgot they've done comics. It's not something I'm that interested in though, so figures.

I'm surprised they don't do more digital content across the whole spectrum. I know they did some software a few months back but I don't recall them doing anything like films or music.

I haven't bought anything from Humble in a while. The monthly bundle is fine but I've usually already got the big game I'd want. The bundles themselves have got a lot worse since they got bought out, which might not be related tbf but they've got less interesting 

The Caffeine bundle looked pretty decent, except that 5 of the 7 games had been given away free on Twitch Prime in the last few months. Generally though,  I've not been interested in much that's been on there in a while. 

I don't go for the Humble Monthly, because I'd rather know what I'm getting. I did it once, because the 2 games they announced early were both ones I'd been looking out for deals on, so £12 was a steal.

They seem to announce the big games for those early, then the rest of the bundle comes later and always looks like filler to me.

seeing Giant Bomb play Mass Effect 2 reminded me I never finished it, I always meant to go back, I'd got a couple of people back in my party from what I remember of it.

anyway, looks like it isn't installed on my pc any more. It might be on an old harddrive that's in a box somewhere but I don't think it's worth the effort to rehook up to check. I was hoping I might still have a save on this pc somewhere, apparently not. So I'm hoping maybe Origin had cloud support. I've just started downloading the game and it says 0 hours played, so it's not looking good. Fuck knows what all my choices were, and now I have to make Rio all over again

So Anthem and Division 2 are very close on the horizon. EA are known for MTX, but then again it looks like Ubi have their own store front all ready and set up for that "1 year of free DLC". Which one do you think will be the biggest pisstaker? I think Anthem will be bad, but then again Ubi has an "Anything you can do we can do and get away with it" thing going on.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if both of them are fucked up the wazoo with horrendous grinding for the coolest shit. I'll have to take a mental note of how fast the in game currency comes and how much the most desirable stuff is. See how it stacks up to the rate per hour you earn it vs the most expensive item in the shop.