passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I thought I read somewhere that Cuphead was heading for Switch.. Apparently not any time soon, it would appear. So that leaves Valkyria Chronicles 4 as my only "must buy" for the time being. Although MK 11 is supposedly coming to Switch, which would be a Day One purchase. 

RE 2 was easiest of the original trilogy anyway... Until the second scenario's at least. I never finished RE 1 until REMake. RE 2 I finished upto and including Tofu. RE 3 I died on the most, due to being caught offguard by Nemesis. 

I'm further on now. My housemate remembers it pretty well so he's wandering through the front room giving me pointers now and again then moaning that I kill too much stuff 

I've just taken control of Ada, need a couple more plugs, and need to trek back to the statue that needs 2 red stones 

Resi 2 was pretty easy once you got used to it,after a few run throughs you could clock it no problem. 

Code Veronica was a pain in the arse for backtracking. And having Chris repeat entire sections that Claire already did earlier in the game. Sure,there were some differences. But it was a bit lazy.

I'm a bit surprised how well Resident Evil 2 holds up. It has got tank controls and you can't quick turn, but it's not as tight when there's lots of zombies around as the first game and some of the others. It does happen, just not that often. I had it on easy so ammo and health weren't a huge problem, I occasionally had a few pointers which meant the early game was more focused. 

It's still pretty good, not sure I want to do the B before the new game but maybe 

Started Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories earlier today and I’m enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. 

Cleared the first world’s and planning on clearing the next three tomorrow. Hopefully have it finished early next week. 

As has been posted in the news thread, Division 2 isn't coming to Steam (at launch) on pc, instead it's going to the Epic games store. I've seen a few posts already about what a threat the Epic store is to Steam, but I'm not sure I buy it.

The Epic launcher is needed to play Fortnite on pc, there are an awful lot of people that use it. Epic are rich AF and so can buy up exclusives as they have done, write off fees for their engine, and even give away free games to encourage even more people to use their launcher, or build the library of those who already do. I get why it's seen as a threat.

However, how many of the people who use the launcher play anything other than Fortnite on their pc? Some do I'm sure but it's probably a small percentage. How many of those that do have Steam accounts, Steam accounts full of games already. If you're playing games regularly on pc then chances are you are playing most things through Steam. I'm not suggesting that everyone uses their pc the way I do, I don't play Fortnite for one, but just to use me as an example. On my pc, in terms of launchers I've got Steam, Origin, Blizzard's, GoG Galaxy, Uplay, and Twitch. I've got a small library of games on all of them apart from Blizzard's, which just came with Destiny 2, and Steam which has a huge library. The only one I boot up to browse is Steam, I'm not against getting a game that loads through somewhere else, but Steam is the one that has a place on my taskbar because it's the one I use all the time. When I buy games from 3rd party sites (Greenmangaming or cdkeys etc) I'm looking for a steamkey, and if they don't then I expect the game to be stupidly cheap because otherwise I won't remember to play it and it's a waste.

That's the problem Epic need to overcome, Steam is the defacto marketplace, it has a huge number of games already on there and will keep getting the big releases because it's the biggest marketplace, Epic have a handful of games so far. There was a Witcher card game that looks pretty good, it's a new well-received Witcher game that no one even knew was out because it was only on GoG, and people like GoG, CDPr had to relaunch it on Steam. And this is without Valve doing anything, they have the means to make their offering more enticing too, they could try to counter Epic 

More competition for Steam is good (hopefully it's good, could end up with lots of walled gardens), but I think people are jumping the gun with regards to Epic

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

I would really like a new Legend of Starfi game

Very odd that you say that. The misses was tidying one of her many cluttered drawers and found LoS 3. I finished the first two back in the day but never beat 3. It went straight in the Gameboy Micro.