passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

The only 2 bits of the new series of Twin Peaks that stick with me as being particularly bad (not that it was all amazing, but some of it was in service of something bigger) were the floor brushing scene, and the cockney, every scene he was in.

also Lillard's acting, but some people think he was good in it bizarrely 

What I found with it was there's no place to even start digesting any of it. It's too dense in its own mythology building and ends up being quite boring.

Whereas Mul Dr has a great narrative framework where each time you watch it there's another visual or audio cue which clicks into place the larger puzzle of what that film is about.

It helps probably that it's about the same thing that all his films are about. Casting a cynical eye on society's outer veneer and looking at its seedy underbelly. But that's when Lynch works best. Simple ideas expressed with lots of enigmatic visuals. Offbeat acting performances that leave you unsettled and some haunting sound design.

Twin Peaks season 3 is just too big and unwieldy in comparison. It's complicated but not in a way that made me want to know more. I'm not saying lynch should lend all his stuff to easy interpretation but at the same time it's got to be more than just pretty pictures, in my opinion anyway.

I also think it spent too much time on boring stuff like the Lodge spirits. For me at least the idea of what BOB represented in the original run that was always more interesting than what he literally was. TP3 went in too hard on the latter imo.

Anyway that's my biannual Twin Peaks season 3 rant out of the system. Ah, I feel much better now ?

I don't know if anyone watches them here , but the Super Best Friends let's play channel is ending. Matt and Pat are no longer friends apparently and they are all going solo

Quite shocking to me as this is the only LP chanel I've watched and on a daily basis too. They just got done with a massive DMC marathon. All the games bar DMC2 and I was excited to see them do 5 as well.☹️

Attention to @RoboticMonk3y , @regemond and @AndyKurosaki

@RoboticMonk3y placed first in the podcast pinball tourney with a grand score of 298,006,275 and has won a prize for doing so. Well played, that's an impressive score, you should be proud of it. Same for both @regemond and @AndyKurosaki. You did your best and that's what counts.

There is a random participants award which would have been awarded to someone that didn't win but took part. Since there were two people left I tossed a coin to decide who would receive this prize and it was... drumroll

Spoiler

Congratulations to the winners. Commiserations to the loser.

Winners contact me via PM and I shall sort you your prize out.

many years ago I got sent a review copy of Resident Evil 2 for the Dreamcast (from a retailer, I wasn't reviewing it). It has a reviewer mode in it that has medigun and, I think, more stamina. Anyway, I've never actually finished Resident Evil 2 but I'm thinking about playing through it over christmas ready for the sequel. Anything I should know going in?

20181219_114601.jpg