passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

9 hours ago, RikSP said:

I’m about an hour into Undertale and I gotta be honest I’m not really feeling it. 

I think Undertale is like an 8/10 game but based on the critical reaction and popularity you’d expect a 10/10 classic. Still, it’s not overly long, it’s generally pretty good and has some lovely music, so I wouldn’t abandon it.

Out of nowhere there comes an FFXV x FFXIV crossover event in the form of the latest XV patch. In it you can fight Garuda, one of the bosses from XIV.

I hated XV cause it was such a jank fest but I've put more time into XIV than any game I can remember. So now I've loaded up the download for XV and contemplating a resub to XIV to finish Stormblood

Well done square enix, you got me again ?

3 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

you can't tell someone to complete a game twice before forming an opinion on it ?

? I did think that when I wrote it but I couldn't be arsed amending it. 

It's one of those games a singular run doesn't cut it. It's like doing route A and B on Nier then calling it a day. 

I was in the same position when I first started. Not sure it was my thing. I was recommended to persevere and make sure I do what I just said. 

Turns out the game is a fun, clever, quirky little game and I'm glad I played it ?

Regarding Undertale, everything @ThreeFour said.

I think the things that it’s praised for are most apparent in a pacifist run (sorry to be cryptic, just warey of spoilers). Can’t promise you’ll dig it as much as I did, but if ever there was a game that warrants a second run, it’s Undertale.

@RikSP Make sure you do the TRUE pacifist ending. Not only do you have to avoid killing everything, but you need to do a couple of quite specific things in the story. FAQ recommended if you haven’t already looked at one.

They're on the loading screens as well, which is the thing people are understating. I mean I know it looks shit to have the fighters covered in sponsors, but if they're going do go down this route how long is it before they start playing adverts in the actual loading screens? It's sly as fuck because in every other medium you can fast forward through them, here's you're a captive audience waiting for something to start, you're locked into watching them.

I'm not actually against adverts being put in games in very specific circumstances though. In the Overwatch League I wouldn't be upset if they had Nvidia or Corsair sponsoring in the characters or even on hording around the capture points. As long as there's nothing too insane then that's fine. However for normal play fuck that shit. It should be for funding the purses and the teams that play professionally. Putting the adverts in the games as skins for the characters and levels would free up all the sponsors they plaster all over the screen with watermarks. I've actually stopped watching esports games because of all the clutter on the broadcasts heads up.

Same goes for Twitch broadcasters. Don't put shit all over the screen. It looks shit and it detracts from the gameplay on screen.