passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I went looking to see what the GTM Twitter feed was like, if anyone working there had a breakdown, got drunk and started shit-posting their higher ups. But sadly not.

But they have posted about the 16 games that got 10/10, so thought it was worth putting in here.

Metroid Prime

Burnout 3 : Takedown

Gears of War

God of War II

Bioshock

Grand Theft Auto IV

Fallout 3

Demon's Souls

Mass Effect 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Dead Space 2

Bioshock Infinite

Grand Theft Auto V

Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain

Super Mario Odyssey

Old news that some people think Bioshock was overrated but that's a definite 10 from me. Flawed but very special.

Not sure God of War II and LBP2's 10 scores have aged all that well.

And I like Dead Space 2 a lot, but not convinced on that one.

of that list just Metroid for me. I really liked LBP2, it really didn't get the attention it deserved, it's a fantastic game, but it's not a 10. The first Mario Galaxy was a 10 imo, the 2nd one not so much

I was talking to the other Bitparade writers a couple of months back. I remember someone (none of the main writers) giving Bioshock a 10, and for years and years that was our only 10, even though the rest of us didn't like it. I eventually gave one game a 10, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was ?  After we dropped the site it looks like the back up got lost too, so it's gone forever

edit: I found it. the Dishonored dlc The Brigmore Witches was the first, and I think last, game I gave a 10 to

Going by the whole '10/10 is an outstanding example of gameplay that's not to be missed by fans of the genre and should be experienced by everyone' I'd say Mass Effect 2 and Burnout 3 deserve it.

The rest are good/great, but I wouldn't say they're a perfect 10. BioShock Infinite got close for me though.

Please note: I'm well aware that my shocking taste in certain games means the above opinions can't be trusted.

5 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

Bitparade when under?

yeah. Riva disappeared for reasons, I was doing all the writing, making videos, posting news etc. Beemoh did a bit and there was someone else who did the odd review. I couldn't be arsed anymore, writing like that and working is exhausting, plus I wasn't getting to play what I wanted, so we let the hosting lapse. The last game I reviewed was The Norwood Suite, which no one has heard of, prior to that though it was the Danganronpa PS4 ports

Metroid Prime

Burnout 3: Takedown

Gears of War

God of War II

Bioshock

Grand Theft Auto IV

Fallout 3

Demon's Souls

Mass Effect 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Dead Space 2

Bioshock Infinite

Grand Theft Auto V

Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain

Super Mario Odyssey

Have bolded my 10s from that list.

there's 15% off on ebay at the minute using the code PRESENTS. I'm itching to buy something but Pokemon, Diablo, Civ 6, they're all going to get ignored this time next week when Smash arrives. I'm being worked and it's taking everything I've got to not buy something I don't want

I've made my way into the L4D2 levels after going through the L4D1 levels and DLC. They're a significant jump in difficulty. I noticed that they've retroactively put the crescendo moments introduced in 2 into 1. For instance the bit in the airport it forces you to go through the metal detector which kicks off a gauntlet run for the final saferoom before the finale. I'm undecided whether they should have done that because in some instances you've to survive a few set pieces anyway, I don't think they dump you ammo or guns either which can make some of them rough, you can quickly find yourself down to pistols because the onslaught is gargantuan.

Getting better with the keys and mouse though. Up to 40% accuracy, I don't know where I should be aiming for but I guess that's respectable? On pad I'd be doing about 20 something percent. Still a bit crap with the keys but I just added the crouch onto the keys from a mouse binding. It's the same discomfort I experienced when I first learn the powerchord 5ths and 7ths. If you don't know what that is you almost certainly know it as the Status Quo song, since they used it in every fucking song they ever did.