passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

His sub count has more than doubled since that video went up.

I’ve got to hand it to him. He threw a strop on TV and disappears, then he comes back 22 years later with a piece of shit video that’s so bad and in poor taste that everyone is talking about him. We’re talking about him, eurogamer interviews him, twitter explodes, and boom - instant fan base.

Clever girl.

I didn’t want to make a thread for this because I thought it might be a bit corporate shill but it must be said.

Origin Access Premier is genuinely fucking amazing.

I guess the worth of it is how much you like EA’s recent and past games but for me being a very casual FIFA player - who likes to dip a toe in every year but loses interest quite quickly - and someone who is interested in playing their AAA shooters/racers - but rarely plays them for a long period of time - the value proposition is absolutely incredible. 

You get all those AAA games early too (I got BFV 11 days earlier than the standard edition release) and the upcoming Anthem is a week early. You also get all their Indie titles and all the other games in the Vault too. 

Playing BFV got me in the mood to play some Battlefront 2, looked in the games library and downloaded it, got the 2015 game too. 

It really is magnificent. If you’ve got a capable PC and are interested in even one of their AAA titles it’s well worth the £15.

Regarding JRPG's (or any other type of game really):

Does anyone have any particular habits?

Whenever I play a JRPG as soon as the game gives me full control of my character or party (I'm playing Final Fantasy IX at the moment so I'll use that game and the Evil Forest as an example) I always have to stay in the first area with battles and grind at least 10 levels before carrying on.

It's something I've done for years.

I definitely over level, particularly early on. I think it's a hangover from old jrpgs where you'd get fucked up i the first town (Shining Force and various dungeon crawlers were bad for this), now it's more like the game not giving you a challenge for 10 hours, but I still do it.  I also make a point of killing anything that's wandering around near a town so that the people there can get out because I'M A GOD DAMN HERO

3 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Been playing Left 4 Dead 2 because I thought it'd be a better place to relearn mouse and keyboard.  Parts of it have aged, but that design. My god that design. It's absolutely sublime.

Left 4 Dead 1 is 10 years old now

TEN!

I played so much of that on the 360. I love how much of a different game it was every time you played it, trying to carefully co-ordinate an attack when a witch is sat in front of the safe room. Trying not to panic when that carefully laid out plan went out the window almost instantly.

damn I miss having the free time to play games all weekend...

On 14/11/2018 at 15:46, RikSP said:

Regarding JRPG's (or any other type of game really):

Does anyone have any particular habits?

Whenever I play a JRPG as soon as the game gives me full control of my character or party (I'm playing Final Fantasy IX at the moment so I'll use that game and the Evil Forest as an example) I always have to stay in the first area with battles and grind at least 10 levels before carrying on.

It's something I've done for years.

In JRPGs I will fart about in every area, levelling up as much as I can cope with. I don't think of it as overlevelling as much as being rewarded for working hard.

I'm doing it again. In fact I've done it several times whenever the party gets broken up. 

Annoyingly it meant that when Garnet rejoined the party at the beginning of Disc 2 she was level 6 and everyone else was level 18, so now I'm doing it again...

I just installed streamlabs OBS. You might want to change your notifications if you follow me on Twitch as it might be messy while I'm setting it up. Who am I kidding, it's going to be messy as fuck even once it's set up. It's not like I'm going to be doing it professionally, I'm just in it for a bit of fun.