passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Thought I'd kick this off for gaming related shout thread stuff. It's not for thoughts and opinions of games you're playing or anything like that, more so random musings that are gaming related that don't fit anywhere else.. If anything interesting gets brought up it can get broken off into it's own thread.

I've been watching Twitch a lot recently and one of the games I like to watch is Rainbow 6 Siege. Despite owning the game I never really played it that much because the person that encouraged me to get it fucking left the country and didn't play games for like 2 years after that, so it got mothballed. Having watched people playing it though, I sort of want to get back in to it, and I sort of don't want to, if that makes sense?

1. I don't really play versus games now. I enjoyed a bit of a stint on BF4 recently so I know I can still enjoy them, but other shooter stuff has been an instant turn off. Wasn't sold on Destiny 2 and the BR games don't do it for me at all. So that's a risk I'd be taking. It might be futile to try because I could end up hating it.

2. It's old now, so everyone is going to have a few years experience on me.

3. Where to play if I did take it up? PS4 or PC? I have it on PS4 already as I mentioned earlier, but I'd quite like to play it without the console settings.I'd have to learn to use keyboard and mouse again and that would possibly fuck my shoulder up from an old injury I carry. Add the years experience most PC players have and I've sort of throwing myself to the lions there.

I dunno. It's a conundrum. I should probably give it a go on PS4 and if I get on with it migrate to PC once I've learnt the game. Or I could just stick to watching it on Twitch and being an armchair expert on why people are so bad at it.

Anyone else want to add or share gaming shout thread stuff?

6 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Despite owning the game I never really played it that much because the person that encouraged me to get it fucking left the country and didn't play games for like 2 years after that, so it got mothballed. 

?

I've been close to buying it again a few times. But fuck paying £60+ to have full access to all the characters. People complain about Overwatch but at least jumping back into that after a while is free. 

46 minutes ago, Duck said:

But fuck paying £60+ to have full access to all the characters.

This is a big thing. To get everything on PC I'm looking at either £67 or £100 if I buy full price, I'm not entirely sure what the differences are between those packs, I think it might just be cosmetic shite IE not interested..

I am sure the £12 version would do me, but if I get into it getting the operators that aren't unlocked will take me approximate 15 hours each. After the original operators are unlocked the ones after that cost double, so that's 30 hours of playing to unlock a class. Can you imagine playing a game for 30 hours or more and unlocking a class only to find out you hate it or something else happens like it drops out of the meta or gets nerfed.

I think the ones they give you (Ash, Thermite, Thatcher, Fuze, Sledge, Rook, Mute, Smoke, Jager, Kapkan) you could have fun and varied games. If you want a full roster or original operators you're looking at approximately 150 hours to get them all.

When you add on the rest of the operators up to what is out currently you're looking at 660 hours on top of that.You could probably hit 1000 hours played with waiting about and still not have everything unlocked, unless you dip your hand in your pocket.

It's an operator every couple of weeks from the base game and then you go to getting an operator a month if you play at a steady rate. It's bonkers when you break it down.

16 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

This is a big thing. To get everything on PC I'm looking at either £67 or £100 if I buy full price, I'm not entirely sure what the differences are between those packs, I think it might just be cosmetic shite IE not interested..

I am sure the £12 version would do me, but if I get into it getting the operators that aren't unlocked will take me approximate 15 hours each. After the original operators are unlocked the ones after that cost double, so that's 30 hours of playing to unlock a class. Can you imagine playing a game for 30 hours or more and unlocking a class only to find out you hate it or something else happens like it drops out of the meta or gets nerfed.

I think the ones they give you (Ash, Thermite, Thatcher, Fuze, Sledge, Rook, Mute, Smoke, Jager, Kapkan) you could have fun and varied games. If you want a full roster or original operators you're looking at approximately 150 hours to get them all.

When you add on the rest of the operators up to what is out currently you're looking at 660 hours on top of that.You could probably hit 1000 hours played with waiting about and still not have everything unlocked, unless you dip your hand in your pocket.

It's an operator every couple of weeks from the base game and then you go to getting an operator a month if you play at a steady rate. It's bonkers when you break it down.

Complete Edition is £45 on CDKeys at the moment.

I was listening to the bombcast and Austin Walker made the port of The World Ends With You sound like shit. I forget the details but it sounds like you can't play it handheld unless you use the touch screen? Anyway, it was enough to talk me out of buying it again. Not that I should have done, I still use my 3ds which could play the original 

I heard that it was meant to be a port of the mobile version or something. I didn't even know they ported it to mobile.

They should have treated that game with more care, if they've botched it it's going to do the TWEWY name no favours.

2 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

@RikSPI've heard it's a bit dull, I'm still going to get it but I think I'll wait until its cheaper 

It has £15.99 January sales written all over it. I want it on the cheap too having seen the/a movie on SyFy 20 years ago back when they had adult manga movies Saturday at 11pm. 

On another note I just checked out syfy website and they’re plugging Primevil as an exclusive (meaning they have the rights to all of it). Who wants to watch that? It was crap when it was on itv. All it had going for it was 

aaaaaaaaaaaaHannahSpearritt1.gif?w=480&h

4 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

@RikSPI've heard it's a bit dull, I'm still going to get it but I think I'll wait until its cheaper 

I’ve just finished 3 out of 12 chapters and am having a lot of fun with it.

Not sure if I’d pay full price for it myself if I’m honest, but certainly if you catch it in a sale. It’s like Yakuza with a sketchy cel shaded art style with even more insane combat.

On 09/10/2018 at 20:42, Sly Reflex said:

I heard that it was meant to be a port of the mobile version or something. I didn't even know they ported it to mobile.

They should have treated that game with more care, if they've botched it it's going to do the TWEWY name no favours.

Yeah the mobile version has been available for ages.

I’ve been reading some reviews and apparently they simplified the dual screen controls. In the first time you controlled one character with the stylus and the other with the d-pad, but with the Switch you control both characters with your finger (in handheld mode). Apparently it takes a huge chunk of the difficulty and complexity out of the game, but not in a good way. It’s a shame. I was looking forward to playing in HD but I’ll probably pass now. But it has made me want to play the game so when I go home at Christmas I’ll probably bring the cart back to Japan.

Apparently the director has expressed interest in making a sequel though. 

@wiivo 2.0 @RikSP

I've been rewatching the old anime over the past week while I'm without net. With the caveat of knowing what it is, it still holds up. I think possibly the English dub is a bit more knowing than the original Japanese. Also I'd forgotten that in this desert wasteland, where mankind has gone back to pre-industrial society, they've invented guns but instead of bullets they shoot knives