passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

FOR FREE - Your stuff, GOG, EGS, giveaways, etc.

retroed

• 3 weeks later...

I've got twelve early access full version copies of Dota 2 to give away to anyone who wants them. The game will be free-to-play when launched officially, but the early access versions currently retail on Steam for £22.99.

(Quote from Valve)

Dota began as a user-made modification for Warcraft 3 and has grown into one of the most played online games in the world. Following in the tradition of Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Portal, and Alien Swarm, Dota 2 is the result of Valve hiring the community developers who built the mod and giving them the chance to finally build a full product out of their idea with the help of a professional team of developers and artists at Valve.

As for the gameplay, it’s a little hard to describe. The camera is set in the traditional RTS perspective, but it wouldn’t be fair to call Dota an RTS. And while each hero starts at level 1, and many times hits the level cap of 25, it wouldn’t be fair to call it an RPG.

Lots of people have tried to assign various genre names to Dota, but we think Action RTS is probably the most descriptive. And while we don’t spend a lot of time trying to figure out what genre the game is inventing, we can’t stop playing it internally!

You'll need to have Steam installed on your PC to play. If you'd like a copy, reply below, and I'll send it via Steam as a gift. If I don't have you as a Steam friend, you'll have to let me know your Steam log-in name too.

I've got twelve early access full version copies of Dota 2 to give away to anyone who wants them. The game will be free-to-play when launched officially, but the early access versions currently retail on Steam for £22.99.

(Quote from Valve)

Dota began as a user-made modification for Warcraft 3 and has grown into one of the most played online games in the world. Following in the tradition of Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Portal, and Alien Swarm, Dota 2 is the result of Valve hiring the community developers who built the mod and giving them the chance to finally build a full product out of their idea with the help of a professional team of developers and artists at Valve.

As for the gameplay, it’s a little hard to describe. The camera is set in the traditional RTS perspective, but it wouldn’t be fair to call Dota an RTS. And while each hero starts at level 1, and many times hits the level cap of 25, it wouldn’t be fair to call it an RPG.

Lots of people have tried to assign various genre names to Dota, but we think Action RTS is probably the most descriptive. And while we don’t spend a lot of time trying to figure out what genre the game is inventing, we can’t stop playing it internally!

You'll need to have Steam installed on your PC to play. If you'd like a copy, reply below, and I'll send it via Steam as a gift. If I don't have you as a Steam friend, you'll have to let me know your Steam log-in name too.

Me please!

• retroed changed the title to FOR FREE - Your stuff, GOG, EGS, giveaways, etc.
  • retroed pinned and pinned this topic