passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hogwarts Legacy

DisturbedSwan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WB Games has announced that it will be hosting a Hogwarts Legacy gameplay showcase later today.

Kicking off at 18:00 GMT / 19:00 CET / 10:00 PT, the gameplay showcase will take players on a small tour of Hogwarts Castle in Hogwarts Legacy, as well as a deep dive into the character creation system, plus a first look at the UI and an introduction to combat.

I do like how devs try to sell things that in reality is a button press.

“The spells that you use are a colour indicator as to which breaks their shield. It’s a nice reward for a player if they pay close attention.

”That’s awesome!”

61CBF7EB-D5EA-45C9-97B2-68DFA2B4C92F.jpeg

I skimmed this, the style of the presentation was very slow and ponderous so it wasn’t the most attention grabbing showcase of all time, but Hogwarts looks cool. Any game that involves wandering around a school always reminds me of Bully, which is a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...

*Phew* they're seemingly having issues with the frame rate on the last gen systems, god knows how they'll get it running on Switch then.

But yeah, pleased it's still on track for Feb on current gen. There's a new Gameplay Showcase tonight at 18:00 UK time as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh dear. Read some of those reviews and I don't know whether I'll be able to hold true to my 20 quid limit on this one. Sounds like something I could play for 100 hours.

Wonder if there's a cheaper edition where you have to play as a filthy mud blood.

Watching some of the footage on this makes it hard to understand the reviews, it's the most design-by-committee bread and butter looking AAA thing imaginable (the combat footage with Dark Souls roll dodging made me lol). But if people are into it that's fine, it's just surprising how ordinary it looks compared with the excitement I guess. I kinda wish a game like this tho would go deep into spell crafting stuff like Elder Scrolls III and IV, and synthesizing different effects. The way the different HP spells map to combat concepts like AOE and devil bringer doesn't really capture the imaginative possibilities of a game like that, IMO.

I wonder if on PC you can cheat engine avada kadavra or whatever it's spelled and play the game the cool way.

8 hours ago, bellow said:

Oh dear. Read some of those reviews and I don't know whether I'll be able to hold true to my 20 quid limit on this one. Sounds like something I could play for 100 hours.

Wonder if there's a cheaper edition where you have to play as a filthy mud blood.

Buy it, play it, then sell it, it'll cost you a net £20 or so :).