passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want/Bin October 2018

Hendo

PLAY

Bloodborne:

Still playing, only 1 trophy to go in the main game, 2 left in the DLC. Should have it done by the end of the month.

Darkest Dungeon:

Will be returning to this, if for no other reason just to see who croaks first.

Also on the plan for the month, a bunch of Xbox games including The Division, Gears 4, some Halo including the RTS games.

WANT

Red Dead Redemption 2:

Gonna have to set aside everything else as I’m sure this will be a massive one.

BIN

You can’t turn off auto-renewal for Gold or Game Pass within the Xbox One’s dashboard and have to dig deep using a browser. What’s up with that? I mean, I know what’s up with that, but fucking hell.

PLAY

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - This will take up the majority of my time this month, it's an absolute behemoth and I usually 100% AC games which may take 150+ hours. It'll be dropped mid-way for RDR2 though if I haven't finished it by then.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - The biggest game of this year, the one we've all been waiting for is under 4 weeks away, will be diving into this at Midnight 26/10.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - Having recently got my PSVR back out and hearing that this game is 'VR's Super Mario 64 moment' from journalists I had to find out whether that kind of hyperbole is warranted or not.

Birthday Games - Got a $50 eShop card from the missus to buy 2 Switch games so I'll decide on which to get tomorrow.

WANT

Hitman 2,

Darksiders 3,

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise - Almost pulled the trigger on pre-purchasing/pre-ordering these a few times but have stopped myself as I've just got so much else to play.

BIN

Far Cry 5 - Lost on Mars - I actually enjoyed the Vietnam DLC for this and thought the Zombie one was average but so far this has been such monotonous shite that I think I'm gonna throw in the towel before I lose my mind.

Play

Dragon Quest XI - 30 hours in now and I’m loving this very traditional DQ game.

Want

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Been a while since I’ve played a Rockstar game so I’m looking forward to this. Looks beautiful in the trailers.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Looking forward to revisiting my childhood! 

PlayStation Classic - Definitely going to get this but I’m curious to see what games will be announced, my main wish is for more RPGs. 

Bin

Forgetting to post in this thread last month.

Play

Paladins

I plan on playing this for the month.  Since I haven't got Nintendo Online I can only play free to play games on the Switch for now so it seems like a good opportunity to properly dive into this.

Arena of Valor

More free to play on Switch.  I've not played a MOBA before so I'm enjoying the learning process (not all the time, mind) but I'm still having trouble isolating where I'm going right when I do well.  Like I said in the thread, I'm struggling with finding tips so I suppose I'll continue to stumble through and try to learn every now and then.

Dragon Ball FighterZ

All of the characters have been released for the first season now so I'm going back to learn a couple of characters to mix my team up a bit.  I'm trying to get good with Android 21 who was previously only unlockable after beating the story but at some point they just let her out for everyone.  I think she could be good, and I've learned some tricks but building muscle memory is gonna be the obstacle.  I also want one of the DLC characters on my team but I've not decided yet.  It may be Cooler.

Dead Cells

Nearing a complete run.  Hopefully by the time the this is read out I will have done it.

Want

Money

Bin

Credit Card Interest

I also want to take my Joy-Cons out of the bin from last month.  They're fine now, I think some tiny bit may have broke off or some grit got in and lodged under the analogue stick.  I pulled it up and gave it a shake and it's fine now.

Play

Friday the 13th: I hate horror games tbh (I'm a wuss) but playing this with a bunch of mates is hilarious

Want

Soul Calibur VI: loved them since the first game, glad to see Talim is back since SC2!

Bin

Gun Media servers: they keep dropping out ?

PLAY

I finished up Spiderman, I enjoyed it, it's not game of the year material for me, and not as good as God of War. The story missions are the strength of the game I think, although I did enjoy the takedown sections until they descend in to wave after wave of combat. I'm not sure if this is harsh, but I think I'd take 3 of the Batman games over it, definitely 2 of them 

I also played Batman The Telltale Game. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, for a while it's got a really good story before they start pulling shit with established characters. It still doesn't run great even on a Pro, but it's worth playing through if you've already got it on your account 

Chuchel, cool game. It's very musical, but I played a bit of Botanicula afterwards and that seems to be too. It's very much an interactive cartoon, well worth trying 

WANT

My copy of Captain Toad didn't turn up before I went on holiday. Pricks, probably not worth getting it forwarded. 

BIN 

It's rare I actively decide to give up on a game, usually I lie to myself and say I'll go back to them at some point, but I think I've got 2 this month. 

I played some Black Ops 3 because I'd got it free on PS+, fuck me it's boring 

I went back to Hollow Knight. I'd beaten a boss I was really struggling with and stopped, went back, died and lost all my souls because of the impossible place it had put my ghost. Game of the generation contender my sweaty balls, there's so much obstructive design in Hollow Knight 

Also bin not getting paid 

Play - I’m still CHIPPING my way through golf story having put it down for a few months. I’ve put over 15 hours into it and have only the first trophy. According to howlongtobeat.com its 15hrs on average, 19hrs for completionist so I’m not sure what’s happening there. I guess I just like to explore. When it first came out I heard of a few bugs but never experienced any myself but after picking it back up I had two grams breakers that I had to reset the game because of.

Play - I’ve literally just started Starlink: Battle for something or other. It’s the most expensive game I’ve ever bought at £69.99 digitally. Quite why it’s the same price or more expensive than buying it physically I don’t know. The excuse for regular games is quite bad but for this makes even less sense.

—————————————

Want - I want RDR2 but am quite happy to wait for a price drop as well as a chatter drop. Like that feeling people had of everyone asking them if they’ve seen breaking bad yet. I feel like I don’t want to play it until it’s so died down that I’ve forgotten every detail that I’ve unavoidably seen or heard. RDR is in my top 10 of all time though.

—————————————

Bin - My job. I’ve been there 11 years now on the same pay and in that time have witnessed so many others come in and move up because of favouritism. I’d leave if I wasn’t so lazy.

Bin - Spider Solitaire F. I fancied a solitaire game to have on my switch to play and relax to before beddy byes. Nowt wrong with that. But no touch controls and you can lay any colour on top of the other? It’s not the solitaire I knew from windows 95.