passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 4

retroed

The newest expansion for Forza Horizon 4 has just been announced: "Fortune Island."  Microsoft has confirmed this is the biggest Forza expansion yet. It'll feature extreme weather as usual, with the focus this time being on lightning storms (which "Storm Island" did not have). It's set in the northern UK and will feature switchbacks and other rally-style obstacles as well as the aurora borealis.

"Fortune Island" will make its way to Forza Horizon 4 on December 13th.

• 1 month later...

Loaded up Fortunes Island for the first time today. It’s been good stuff so far but the intro level made me laugh, one of the character your driving with spots some liighting and makes it feel like it’s a local phenomenon.

More if the same then gameplay wise. That’s fine with me. They’ve added Trailblazer gates though, it’s a new PR event to try and get three stars at. You basically go through the start gate and an end gate then appears a certain distance away but with no set path to it. The goal is to hoss it to the end gate as fast as you can. There are only five of them but they were quite cool, a couple took me a few attempts.

There are more drift zones, speed zones, speed traps and danger signs too and I’ve been enjoying these more than the races. Not that the races are bad, I just love the open world stuff. I’ve 3 starred them all, I found them much easier than the main game ones. I did all 5 drift zones first go.

The other new things are the Treasure Chests. They are hidden around the island and your given riddles to solve that reveal  their locations. They have a million credits inside, well the first one did! I haven’t managed to find any others yet, I need to sit down and have a good look about. I’ve a feeling some might only appear whilst driving certain cars...

Anyways, more Forza Horizon is great, give it me.

Finished the races in the DLC and then mopped up the rest of the achievements:

image.png

The Treasure Hunt stuff was misleading, spoilers incase:

Spoiler

I knew it had to be in certain cars but I didn't know it was just doing the nearest speed zone/trap or drift or event to a certain star rating. That was a bit shit as I had to look it up after spending half hour driving around in vain.

The "Full of Zest"  achievement in which you have to 3-Star the Forest Run Trailblazer Gate in the Peel P50 is an asshole! That three wheeled piece of shit. It was all good though, as always the achievement list was pretty good fun, Playground/Turn 10 have them nailed. Till the next DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here I go. My first generic car:

040725D4-98E0-4D24-B8C5-C3BF34817C22.jpeg

Really like it so far the little I’ve been able to play. The radio was turned off immediately. Wish there was a classical music station. Or 80s. But it mentioned using an app for your own music and assume Spotify works the same way as the PS4. 

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2019 at 14:38, Nag said:

Looks like this is recieving a free title update with 18 achievements worth 500g... Thought it might be for the next dlc expansion but nay.

Some of them will have to be retro active as they include the British Racing Green story.

The game automatically popped loads of these achievements upon me booting after the update....hadn't even got close to some of them. Similar happened once in FH3 where it pretty much threw the whole of one update's achievements at me for no apparent reason.

• 2 months later...

PSA - The Lego expansion is fucking brilliant! They’ve mixed the styles perfectly, it’s amazing to behold and the island has been brilliantly designed with lots of little play areas, variety and road design which leads to good race tracks. Fortune island still has my favourite section where it snakes up the island but the variety here is excellent. Plus look at it, these screenshots don’t do it justice BTW, the details looks even better on a good TV. For example the head and tail lights, you can see the individual rings and details in game which don’t come across In screens. 

I almost forgot how good the sound is too. As a car geek as well as some of you know and a huge part of that is the sound for me. No other games capture this as well as Forza From what I’ve played, especially on a good home theatre set up. I’ve used the Audi Quattro, Agera R, Alfa 8c and Ferrari F40 a lot so far in this and the Audi and 8 C in particular gave me the “Fizz”. Forza 7 is a league ahead on sound still but this is close.  

CD2038CE-1047-4521-B0FB-A621FCE35E28.jpeg

7CEE7893-CA4A-4EAB-9767-59EE9234C239.jpeg

02207354-D9B9-4A1F-82DC-D6DCB9A20601.jpeg

15242FA4-8275-4FA2-8E75-366F6CF814D9.jpeg

The Lego Speed Champions is indeed ace. The biggest change is that huge challenge board you are given and with each successful challenge completed you’re  awarded with a certain amount of Lego blocks. Reaching certain amount of blocks adds stuff to your Lego house as you slowly build this huge place with a swimming pool, football pitch etc.

The challenges themselves are completing races, PR stunts, doing tricks in certain cars and  it adds a little something to the gameplay that I’m going to miss in future updates and versions to be honest, it adds an X factor to the game that I didn’t know I wanted.

Theres also quite a lot to do, there are tons of events and tons of collectibles, there is a set of collectibles that only appear at night. And as @mfnick said, it looks amazing somehow. 

Such fun. Such fun.

5 hours ago, illdog said:

adds an X factor to the game that I didn’t know I wanted.

This. I didn’t mention the block challenge system but it’s a excellent addition and like you say it’s adding something I didn’t know it was missing. This is the first time I’ve felt like I wanted to complete all the speed traps for example because of these. Makes it more compelling to play and there’s a decent variety to the challenges. Gives you a good excuse to use different cars too as they’re sometimes car and class specific. 

@spatular What was the wheel issue? This is quite arcadey so I don’t use my wheel on it I save that for Motorsport, Project Cars and Dirt Rally. I’ll give it a go and report back if you let me know what you want checking?

BTW, anyone wants to add me it’s MF Nick on Xbox. Always like more names on leaderboard and I’m always up for a game on it. Haven’t got a headset yet though. Should do soon. 

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

What was the wheel issue? This is quite arcadey so I don’t use my wheel on it I save that for Motorsport, Project Cars and Dirt Rally. I’ll give it a go and report back if you let me know what you want checking?

it's really really hard to correct any slides while off-road, i think it doesn't let you put on enough opposite lock or something. don't worry about checking it (it could be something specific to my wheel/settings), similarly i'm quite happy to play it with a pad, and not in a hurry to get the expansions, i'll wait for a sale :)