passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Telltale Games is closing down

DisturbedSwan

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I'm interested to see how this pans out. I would hope that the horror stories of being being left high and dry will be able to get some legal help. Working in IT myself, it's always a looming worry that work might go away.

I really enjoyed the walking dead season 1, I think it's in my top 10 all time gaming experiences, the season break DLC left me feeling a little burned, and for me, season 2 was a hot greased turd. I had so many game breaking bugs, QTE's starting, but the screen being black, the clever story from the first game was gone and it became a cut/paste of "how is Kenny about to make me suffer through another QTE...?"

I gave tales from the borderlands a try, hoping that in the years that had passed since TWD season 1 had passed that they would have fixed things, but no... Broken QTE's and disjointed cut scenes.

Again, working in IT, I'm fairly certain that the staff on the ground would have known all about the problems, but I should imagine that the management would have been pumping the brakes.

Makes you wonder where the dollars went. The first couple of seasons sold well.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, regemond said:

Like a zombie rising from the grave, Telltale is returning...

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/08/28/telltale-games-returning

It's just like they reloaded an earlier save and chose different options !*

*Oh sorry forget it was Telltale, and therefore the ending is unlikely to have been any different......

9 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Oh sorry forget it was Telltale, and therefore the ending is unlikely to have been any different......

It’s all about the journey not just the destination. 

I got bored of WD season 1 a few eps in, they’re not my kind of games, but it’s good to have them around. Not everything can be a cover shooter. 

They have employed some old staff, but they're brought on as freelancers which is terrible security.  But then other ex employees have supported the move saying its not as simple as the article suggests. 

So it's still a bit in the air for now.  There is a possibility of the freelancers being brought on as staff but time will tell I guess.