passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PlayStation Classic Console

regemond

https://kotaku.com/sony-just-announced-the-99-playstation-classic-console-1829159574

Not sure how to quote from mobile, but:

It’ll be out on December 3 in the US and Canada, and includes games like Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. There’ll be 20 bundled titles in total, but those are the only ones announced at the moment.

I never owned one. I was busy with university at the time, so I have no nostalgia for it.

So they only named a handful of the games included, what else has to be on there?

A lot of the polygonal 3D games from this era look rough as hell. It will be interesting to see how they stand up nowadays in terms of controls and playability.

I really like the idea, but it depends what's announced besides the 5 already listed.

Also, an entire genre of games is instantly off the list - light guns. No Point Blank, no Time Crisis. I may not have played them, but in my mind they're some of the defining titles that made PS1 such a well-loved machine.

I bet Final Fantasy VIII gets snubbed again.  Poor Squall, you beautiful boy. 

If it has Wip3out, Colony Wars 2, Ape Escape and Symphony of the Night there consider me interested. 

Oh, and Soul Blade so people can remember what a single player mode on a fighting game should look like. 

The PS1 is one of three consoles ever that have sold over 100 million units worldwide (alongside the Wii and PS2) and is largely responsible for gaming’s ascent into mainstream pop cultire, how does anyone not consider it a classic?! 

Personally got got way more attachment to the PS1 than the NES or SNES.

My pre-order is in.

26 minutes ago, spatular said:

no analogue sticks :(

I can live without them with Wipeout.  It's all about air brake control.  But that means no Ape Escape at all.

Seems odd.  They could drop the rumble and keep costs down.  In fact I think there was a PSX controller like that briefly before they coined the DuelShock.

The Playstation 1 is where gaming went mainstream, it's where it started to grow up. The Playstation 1 is the most important console in terms of shifting the gaming landscape. Through marketing and a unrivalled and super varied game catalogue it became the foundation of what modern gaming is built on.

Saying that, it's a hard no from me, dog. File under the NES and SNES classics. Remember when everyone went bananas for those and now their in a box somewhere collecting dust? Yeah. Same here. The investment isn't worth breaking the nostalgia or treating the console as a gimmick. I'd rather they got a selection of games as demos, put them on a fake demo disc and let us play sections of games as they would be today if they were released. I know that's unrealistic, but it could gauge if any projects would be worth carrying on depending on interest. That would tickle the nostalgia without ruining it, plus that's about the amount of time most will play these games for. They'll have a gander, see that the stuff plays and looks terrible and put the system to one side.

1 hour ago, DifferentClass said:

I can live without them with Wipeout.  It's all about air brake control.  But that means no Ape Escape at all.

Seems odd.  They could drop the rumble and keep costs down.  In fact I think there was a PSX controller like that briefly before they coined the DuelShock.

yeah it's a shame, maybe we'll be able to use other controllers with it like DS4's, that'd be good.

6 hours ago, spatular said:

yeah it's a shame, maybe we'll be able to use other controllers with it like DS4's, that'd be good.

This.

If you want the full nostalgic experience i understand wanting to use the old design and i know the in box DS4 charging cord is short as fuck. But the Playstation's controller hasn't drastically change each console like Nintendo's, so it would be nice if you could just plug in a Dualshock 4 because it's the best version of that design. 

Waiting to see what the other 15 games are, but it's a yes from me. To be honest it'll be a yes from me if I own most of the games, I just love shit like this. Got the NES and SNES mini's under the TV in the living room already so got room for more shit I don't need.