passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

DisturbedSwan

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

@AndyKurosakiyep, I was thinking the same. The bit where they first introduce the thermo goggles, the right way to do it wasn't working so I just cheesed it 

That’s the exact part I was thinking of. I tried to stealth it a few times,until multiple deaths led to go “fuck it” and just kamikaze them,frantically running to hide and repeat the process.

Only part of the game thus far I utterly hated.

Just finished the Campaign,really enjoyed this. It had a few annoying moments,but for the most part I was happy to sink hours into the game. I did as many side missions as I could,which definitely proved to be worthwhile with the gear unlocks you got for doing so.

Some of the reviews were a bit harsh, such as Eurogamer calling it a “shadow of its former self” (oh,how witty). It’s certainly one of the most fun games of 2018. 

I finished it yesterday, it's comfortably the worst of the 3 for me. Not that it's terrible, it's got problems with the combat, the story is pointless, Lara is even more of a monster. The hub areas seem really out of place, tonally it doesn't know what it wants to be, but it does feel tighter than the other 2 games 

Something from the end of the game that I thought was stupid 

Spoiler

The kid is very much a kid when you leave him, you come back 2 days later and he's completely composed and a military genius 

Then, after the intro shines a light on Lara being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people, not least the child who they show falling to his death, she doesn't even flinch when it happens again, nor does the game. And it doesn't because they have to reuse that tech and gameplay mechanic, the game is so at odds with itself 

• 5 months later...

? It's amazing how I even make it to the end of a game.

Was trying to adjust difficulty in the option menu ??‍♂️

You're right, it is at the start of the game ?

Is the hardest difficulty in this easier than hardest on Uncharted 4? Because that game was probably about my comfortable limit so if SotTR is harder I'd rather not tbh ??

I honestly couldnt tell you dude, I've not played this one on the hardest difficulty... I reckon if you can deal with an Uncharted game full stop you can do this.?

Nah, screw this ?

I'm more than happy to have my skills tested but not my boredom.

I'm not replaying entire sections all over again including refinding all the loot. That's just dumb.

I'll play on hard and then Deadly Obsession as a + game which by then I'll basically just be sprinting through the game.

Just started playing this through the wonder that is Game Pass. Not far yet but really enjoying it, looks absolutely gorgeous, the environments so far are amazing to travel through and I love a good set piece. & the tsunami one in this is very impressive! Not too much further than that - killed a panther for those that have played it. 

The aiming feels very weird and vague though. May have to alter the sensitivity a bit. I’m also sick to death of picking up plants and gear and hunting in games to craft stuff. Soooo tired of it. Hopefully won’t effect my enjoyment too much. 

Plus, just look at it.

BA4868BF-E427-4089-B8DE-A003BB86EB75.jpeg

I enjoyed (i cant carry anymore) this a lot up until (i cant do that) the end of the game when (i cant carry anymore) there is too much combat and it feels bad to (i cant carry anymore) play. It's interesting because while I was (i can't do that) playing I really wanted more combat but as soon as it started happening I was like (I can't carry anymore) ohhh, that's why there isn't much of it. 

Also the game is somewhere between poor and average. And annoyingly I 100% the game and the trophy didn’t pop. Wonder if it’s had an update now and I can just put the disc in and get the trophy?

• 1 month later...

I've been back to this over the last few evenings, I needed to play the dlc that came with the season pass so I've decided to new game plus it in its entirety.

Looking back I think releasing so close to Spider-Man really hurt this game for me as I'm enjoying myself a lot with the game now... Maybe that has something to do with getting my head round the fact that it's quite different from Rise.

Haven't hit any of the new stuff yet, still very early game... And it still blows my socks off with how good it looks.

IMG_b1c67789-a391-4d80-965a-e06f8458f521.png

IMG_b03c52f3-0148-4f96-9de3-06fd14269e30.png

I finished this a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was definitely the weakest of the three, but still enjoyable. Everything they added, like those extended playable cutscenes detracted from the game, in my opinion, and I couldn't get to grips with the hand to hand combat for some reason. In earlier games I remember being able to blind enemies with dust and then take them out. Although I might be remembering that from another game.