Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Marvel's Spider-Man

Finally done, dusted and got the Platinum on this. Had tons of fun playing through, genuinely enjoyed 95% of what I played. The only things that caused minor irritation were...

Spoiler

when the game kicked off and there were arseholes trying to kill me on the corner of most buildings, and the Sable Outposts. Both awfully frustrating.

I loved the relationship between MJ and PP, and setting up for the next installment was cool too.

It's the first 'real' game I've got the platinum on, the rest being Telltale titles and Lateshift, and even though it's an easy one to get, it's still a testament that I put the extra effort in to get it. Outstanding game in my eyes, and while I can understand the issues/negativity people had for it, they absolutely don't matter to me. Looking forward to seeing where it goes next, especially given the post-credits scene.

It'll be nice to return to this, looking forward to it.

I'm playing this at the moment. Had a job cancelled last minute yesterday so I had a good 4 hours or so to piss about New York.

I found the traversal took a little getting used too but I’m able to zing about much better now although there are still times when I hit the ground despite having R2 held down which I don’t understand.

Haven’t loved the combat either although that might be an early game problem, I can see things changing once I unlock more of the skill tree. It just feels a little disjointed at times due to how spread out the enemies are, it lacks that Arkham flow you feel me? Brap.

Everything else has been great though, it’s 4.15am and I should and could go back to sleep but I’m gonna get up and play Spidey instead.

Flogged my copy of this for £5 more than I paid for it. I enjoyed my time but felt i'd seen most of what it had to offer in the first five-six hours, and doubt i'd get much more time to play it before Red Dead comes out, which will consume my life.

The New Game + update has dropped... It has trophies...😊

It's also updated with The Heist trophies...😊😊

The research stations missions all suck! I’m doing them all in a binge because I’ve enjoyed them so little and just want to get them out the way. Then the final one broke and I had to restart it, the one that researches lighting storms and you have to align satellites. It can be so hard to move Spider-Man in close quarters when there are ledges and walls close to you, he sticks to everything and suddenly there is nothing to web on to and this is fucking frustrating when you need to dodge some lightning quick smart.

Still having a good time despite this bullshit. I know I don’t have to do them but... you know. 

My time with Spider-Man is up and down. The combat sucks a bag of ass, it may be because I'm bad at it but I rarely enjoy it. I hate being constantly shot at by shit I can't see. I hate being hit despite pressing the dodge button. And i hate those cunt's with the whips, they're just shit.

The traversing is cool, you get to a point where you just know what to do without thinking about it. However, those drone chasing missions? Fuck me. When you press the trigger buttons to zip to a point sometimes he hits something just before you reach said point and just falls to the floor.

I do like the game but I've turned it off in anger more than I would of liked and it's  taking the overall shine off. I currently think it's a piece of shit but i'll want to play it again soon and i'll enjoy it again.

@illdog you going to stick with it to platinum it given a lot of other people have?

I'm with you on the dodging, it's the area I felt like the game only being 30fps really showed

PS Communities_20181023_232130.jpg

While I on the other hand, still absolutely adore the game... I think the combat is one of its strongest points. To me it makes purrrrrrfect sense as to why bullets do so much damage to Spidey, he isn't armoured after all.

Anyway started (and almost finished I think) the Heist dlc... It's its own stand alone episode, something I'm not massively keen on, I would've preferred it woven into the main campaign but whatever.

PS Communities_20181023_232144.jpg

After the first reveal where I really didn't like the design for Black Cat, she's grown on me a lot, they've done a good job a fleshing out a backstory for her and Spider-Man in a short amount of time... You don't get massive details but enough to know there's history between them (and there could turn out to be a massive bombshell)

PS Communities_20181023_232150.jpg

The dlc really is more of the same in reality, more open world crimes, challenges and story missions but seeing as how this is my GotY so far I'm more than happy with that.

I thought the combat was one of the games strongest points I must say.

It's the mediocre PS2-era style side quests that was my biggest bug bear with it.

I won't get anytime at all to play the Heist DLC until well into November/December, still nowhere near finishing AC Odyssey with 80+ hours clocked 😂

Started playing the first DLC yesterday and really enjoying it. More of the same, which is great, and I'm enjoying the stories.

Was weird going back after a month though and realising I'd forgotten how to be awesome at it. 

14 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

@illdog you going to stick with it to platinum it given a lot of other people have?

Some of us play games for fun man, you make me sick.

I finished this a week or so ago & may pick it back up for the DLC as I really enjoyed it.

I certainly didn't enjoy the combat for the first few hours, just didn't seem to click but then all of a sudden it seemed to make sense & followed brilliantly.

Don't think I'll be going to back to clear everything (I very rarely do) but most of what I have left to do is just a bit now the story has finished.

Pop on over to the Introduction thread and introduce yourself, here's a handy link:

I was trying to put that in the original reply but it wasnt having any of it.

DLC done. More of the same but honestly after not playing the game for a month I don’t mind. Cheeky fuckers have added more trophies to the thing now (hardest difficulty and new game plus playthroughs).

Story was fun and I’m looking forward to part two in November:

Yeah, finished the dlc earlier... Probably spent around 3 to 4 hours with it, which is kind've what I expected...

PS Communities_20181024_221549.jpg

I liked the story, especially towards the end and I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying you get hit with a "to be continued" at the end, something I wasn't expecting... So it seems that the three expansions are actually one overarching story which is cool.

Think I'm gonna wait to do the new game plus stuff until both remaining dlc episodes are released so I'll have a break again until November.

Think I'm gonna attempt to make Black Cat in Soul Calibur 6 now because she's a babe...👍

PS Communities_20181024_221600.jpg