passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Darkest Dungeon - Mostly Famous Goners

Hendo

If there’s any interest in this I might start from scratch on PS4 and stream it, but seeing as I couldn’t sleep I started my dead celebrity run on Switch.

We started out with the crusader and highwayman. The crusader is a strong knight and I needed someone who everyone can look to as a strong leader. The highwayman is a gunslinger.

They were swiftly joined by a plague doctor, who does poison damage and a vestal who heals.

So I think I picked the right names to begin with.

86FB74D4-3DFF-43A8-983C-1173558D91C7.jpeg

Ol’ Tel did the damage for the most part, and Aretha sang her way to healing everyone. While crafty Osama threw blight potions at the poor bastards and Jesse shot or stabbed his way to victory.

An easy start but I’d wager it won’t stay that way.

I was gonna ask for suggestions, as many as possible.

I'll detail the classes here, and people can either use those to follow their gender or attributes or disregard them entirely for comedic effect.

Spoiler

Abomination (male)

He has two forms. His normal human form is great, but the moneymaker is his transformation into the monster. While you're the monster, you're incredibly fast, and you CRIT very hard. Be very wary, as the Abomination will cause stress to the party around him gradually, and some heroes won't actually join a party with him in it if they are religious.

Antiquarian (female)

Rubbish fighter, good at finding treasure and carrying gold out.

Arbalest (female)

The Arbalest is a dedicated back line assassin with a knack for taking monsters down one at a time.

Bounty Hunter (male)

He can can shuffle opponents around and put them in harm's way reliably. When enemies are marked or stunned, he really shines. Does high criteria damage with his axe.

Crusader (male)

A literal knight in shining armor, the Crusader wades into combat with the hopes of combining his physical abilities and his odd magical abilities into an effective offense.

Grave Robber (female)

While none of her abilities are all that impressive on their own, she can become a great jack of all trades character to pull off of the bench when you need to give the A team a rest. She scouts pretty well in camps, and can remove stress from the entire party, which is key for those long dungeon dives. Throws knives.

Hellion (female)

Hellions are no-nonsense, face-beating berserkers with a great reach and some very clutch abilities. Hellions are very good at hitting hard to reach targets, and she can fit in almost any party composition, even if most of her abilities put some sort of debuff on her.

Highwayman (male)

Your prototypical rogue, the Highwayman is a high risk/high reward hero who can do a great deal so long as he can remain alive. He moves better than pretty much every other hero, and can find himself still being lethal in any position he ends up in. 

Hound Master (male)

The Hound Master is somewhat of an oddball. He is a good choice if you know you need to bypass high PROT enemies, and he can mark foes and heal himself reliably. He's also got decent stress resistance and stress reducing camping abilities. Has a dog.

Jester (male)

From the back line, the Jester can play songs to buff his allies and relieve stress. He can also leap into the fray, debuffing the enemy team and causing bleeds, but almost always at the cost of his safety.

Leper (male)

The Leper is a self-sufficient powerhouse who can do pretty good damage to up to two targets at a time. When allowed time to prepare, the Leper can be a real issue for most enemies. But he is slow, has pitiful accuracy, and has no position changing moves to speak of. He does have quite a bit of health, but if he isn't in the first two positions, he's effectively useless.

Man-At-Arms (male)

He is a front line tank, team supporter, and damage dealer all in one. He can protect specific allies, has a great suite of stun abilities, and can counter attack aggressors with extreme prejudice.

Occultist (male)

Occultists spend an awful amount of time waiting to be super useful, and the one moment when they're pushing and pulling and hexing and marking is where the love for these oddballs is bolstered. He could be considered a must have versus Eldritch enemies. Can heal members but with a chance to bleed.

Plague Doctor (female)

A master of damage-over-time, the Plague Doctor excels at bringing blight to creatures.

Vestal (female)

The Vestal is the quintessential healer, great at healing single targets and the whole party competently. She also mixes offense with damage mitigation in creative ways that don't have to undermine her main role. With the right (religious) party, her camp skills can make the team a formidable dungeon clearing machine. 

Here's a relatively quick video to get a decent idea:

Eventually the party will be of 30 people to pick a team of 4 for fights so there will be multiple versions of the same class. For example, I will end up with at least 4 versions of the Vestal healer as she's really good. Unlikely to use the Leper much as his accuracy is terrible.

At the moment I'm thinking Saville will be the Abomination, Thatcher will be the Hellion.

JFK. Harold Shipman, Mo Mowlam and Chris Farley.

Michael Jackson, Richard Pryor, Christopher Reeve and Robin Williams.

Fred West, Brandon Lee, Ronnie Barker and Lemmy. Vern Troyer

David Bowie, Bernard Manning, John McCain and Saddam Hussein.

Steve Irwin,  Kurt Cobain, Saturo Iwata and Bruce Forsyth.

Idi Amin, Barry Chuckle, Jo Cox and Karen Carpenter.

Victoria Wood, Stefan Karl Steffensson, Joe Jackson and Christina Grimmie.

Steven Hawking, Bill Maynard, Leslie Grantham and Carrie Fisher.

John Noakes, Myra Hindley, Lemmy, Sir Terry Wogan, Maggie Thatcher, Jimmy Saville, Burt Reynolds, Jesse James, Aretha Franklin, Osama Bin Laden, Jade Goody.

There, that should see you for a bit.

Lemmy has been added to the roster as a crusader, who will probably take Ol’ Tel’s place for the next run as he’s feeling a bit run down.

Osama nearly croaked right at the end of the last run but luckily I did all I needed to do and left so he stays to poison another day.

Michael Jackson has entered the party as a Jester, Jimmy Saville as the Abomination and Thatcher as Hellion.

65461E15-F38C-44FA-A9B4-65350CAC3EAA.jpeg

D5D1EC4D-0B19-49EA-91A6-1E87C25F62A9.jpeg

C8C4E145-99C1-4916-BFF9-FE3B159750EA.jpeg

We’re up to 15 celebrities in purgatory now.

Delved into the Weald and made a good dent.

F77AED59-09F9-45C5-B6C8-DA5BA73A9603.jpeg

Week 8, no-one has died as yet and Kurt liked his flagellation.

1EA8E949-4EEE-4F3B-8856-CB46752FF13B.jpeg

What a team! They did great and came out with barely a scratch, Jo Cox really is the healer we all need.

B7C78E00-6CD2-457C-80C1-E660A36CC5E3.jpeg

3C2FB4B7-5117-444E-A48E-1F0CE5A608E6.jpeg

1EBA0E2C-573F-4354-B019-0F10D8375A0B.jpeg

2D630782-A5A3-4115-A4D9-4011BEB22AC4.jpeg

I’ve got a good attacking duo in this - Sir Terry Wogan and Idi Amin in the front. Both do good damage but Idi has one move that moves him forward in front of Ol’ Tel and then a move that sends him back to where he was behind him.

Two new ladies have joined the fight.

746CEFCA-3088-4FEB-9BCE-3F28EA1D3BAE.jpeg

Fisher throws poison darts (and absolutely does not do a Mary Poppins in Space impression) and Mo Mowlam is another healer to add to the pile, in case any of them croaks.

Also, just added Karen Carpenter as another healer.

Productive day. Killed two bosses. The first one was easy but the second, we almost lost our first lost soul, which was Kurt Cobain. Jo Cox kept him alive as long as she could but then the boss nearly killed her too.

Jo Cox, Lemmy and Stephen Hawking have progressed to the next level, so they can no longer go in the easiest dungeon runs.

D8140E33-CFA0-4BF6-8FFE-58D928F1DDDF.jpeg

Roster update:

A hound master arrived in town, so naturally he’s Steve Irwin.

Burt Reynolds picked up the red plague, so he’s gone to hospital to get treated for that.

Bernard Manning has found himself a bit of a stressy Bessie, so he’s gone to the church to meditate for a bit. Probably saw some brown folk in the village and went all gammon.

Also while the last team of 4 went out....

5975DCD9-27C4-4BC9-9A8B-65F99B548CC0.jpeg

I’d pay good money to see what that would’ve looked like.

Another few battles down, still no-one has died (again) in this. My roster is full until I get the final upgrade, which will give 31 potential dead celebrities to send to their doom. Currently there’s 26 of them.

New additions since I last posted:

John Noakes has joined as the second hound master, Robin Williams has joined Jacko as the second Jester. And everyone’s favourite baby sitter, Myra Hindley, is the second Hellion class, along with Maggie.

Speaking of, Thatcher is currently the highest ranked of all of them, sitting at level 4, with 6 being the max.

She joined the last team of 4 who went into a different area and came out victorious.

01F1BFB7-A863-4F17-912A-66A278B3D2D5.jpeg