passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streets of Rage 4

DANGERMAN

It's the Yorkshire way ?

I don't think it's tight tho. It's being price conscious and being aware of price creep.

But like I said it's a personal subject. You can't really tell people what to spend. You can rib them when they moan about price if stuff in the future tho ? It's game dependant really. £20 is about my limit for some pixel/voxel platformer for example. Or £50 for your standard AAA.

1 hour ago, ThreeFour said:

I don't think it's tight tho. It's being price conscious and being aware of price creep.

This. It's also what @DifferentClass said, I spent hundreds on Rock Band but I got good value for money there, because I got a lot of game time out of it. I don't mind spending cash on something which will represent good value. Stardew Valley is a good example of that, for 15 quid I saw 100 hours out of it.For all it's shortcomings Destiny 2 also provided a lot of entertainment. Then you look at stuff like Titanfall 2, although I only paid 20 quid for it, I only saw 5 hours out of it. Those 5 hours were packed with entertainment for sure, but is not exactly the most economical gaming I've ever had.

The creep happens because there's a demand for it. I think there's a demand for it because a lot of big games are so disposable now and have their hand out for more money the instant you boot them up that's fed into that machine. Plus the things we see in those smaller games are fresh ideas or peculiar spins that are complete packages. Like @Blakey and @Hendo have said on various podcasts, the Switch store always has indie stuff snapped up, it's mainly because those indies are willing to take risks on passion projects that no big publishing house would touch because A. It wouldn't make them enough money and B. They can't strip it down and partition bits of it off to sell back to the consumer.

I honestly think that indie has saved gaming in some regards, because the best of the best there has provided people that are fucking sick of the monster normal gaming has become a refuge to carry on a hobby that they'd have otherwise packed in.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

That looks loads of fun with someone like-minded enough to do all that juggling.  Looks like there is wall bounce for solo juggling. 

I dunno about it capturing classic Streets of Rage but it does look like a great brawler on its own terms. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a leaked release date that DotEmu have since come out and said may or may not be accurate, April 23rd

https://nintendoeverything.com/streets-of-rage-4-dated-launches-on-switch-this-month/

I'm glad Max is in the game in some form, I liked using him in 2, he was just very slow in the PAL version. Hopefully they pad the likes of Shiva out with moves too