MFGamers

A Plague Tale: Innocence

DisturbedSwan

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Blakey said:

I thought The Crew was made by Ivory Tower 

Youre right. Apparently ASOBO did the 360 port which I didn’t know even existed. 

Wonder how much crew 2 is on xb1 now it’s a fail. (Don’t tell anyone, I think we’re alone in here, I’m not really liking forza horizon 4 much).

Edit: forgot to add this fun fact about the Black Plague. People would eat cats during the time. You know what the cats would keep under control? Rats. They were screwing themselves over there. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had it on pre-order for a while now but I consciously avoid any sort of info about it. I read about the premise and saw a couple of screenshots and that's really all I needed to know. 

So I'm not going to read any five page long Blakey impressions until I've played it myself.

No 5 page long Blakey impressions until May 14th @Maryokutai ? 

I’m going in almost completely blind too, I have watched a little of the early game gameplay and the E3 walkthrough but I want to know pretty much as little as possible as well.

I just really hope it sells reasonably well. I worry about it bombaing hard at £40.

@Nag‘s right.

It’s from an unknown developer and a AA Publisher, it really should be £30 at most. The likes of Hellblade etc. Show that short single-player games at the price point can flourish. 

£40 is just too much for a lot of folks to fork out - especially on Day 1.

So because they didn't have as big a budget as other games as not as many people working on it the game they developed is worth less? I think that's a bit unfair and too simplistic.

If it turns out to be a good game I honestly don't care if I payed 20 or 40 bucks for it or how much its development has cost.

yeah, value is in the eye of the beholder, but sometimes as an outsider you just think a game won't find an audience at a certain price. The Sunken City is the same for me, it looks like the hook to attract people isn't there, so to tempt people it needs to be a bit cheaper

12 hours ago, Nag said:

Full price just seems the wrong fit for this.

Is it full price in the UK? Over here it's about 15€ less than your usual full priced triple-A game (45€ versus the standard 60€).

I can see the point you're making but I don't think this would be a big hit either way. I'm also pretty sure you'll be able to get it for about 20 bucks only a few months after release, so it's basically just a question of when you want to play it. I'm getting it right away because I want to play this before the next 21 century summer starts making everything unpleasant and unenjoyable.