passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Overcooked 2

Rikzilla

Anyone else picked this up or are planning to give it a go?

My girlfriend and I have cleared the first world with three stars on each and haven't broken up yet so I think we're good for marriage. 

So far it's a massive improvement over the first. Everything feels tighter, there are loads more recipes to make and more interesting level variations, and you can now throw stuff across the kitchen.

It has online co-op and vs too this time around! 

image.png

I plan on picking it up, still not sure on what platform.

I’ve read that there are emotes you can use to help communicate however they just display what task you are doing and not what you want someone else to do.

I like that they’ve included an online versus mode, don’t think a versus was in the first one.

We’re on PS4 so if you pick it up on that I’m sure we’ll get some games.

There was a vs mode in the first, but like the co-op it was local only. I played it once against my girlfriend and never played it again (I didn’t like losing).

That's the same reason my Mrs refuses to play Mario Kart with me. Apparently still knowing the track layouts 6 months after she borrowed Double Dash was cheating.

She's occasionally up for Street Fighter though. She annihilates me at that.

On topic... I love the look of the first one but never ended up getting it. If this one is improved then I'll look into picking it up - I've got a mate who I can play it with, and the wife would probably be up for a couple of games too. It's up to 4 player, right? Can you have 2 local and 1 player online?

i tried to play it coop via share play with a friend - that didn't work. got it now anyway, not played much, was just given simple tasks, didn't realy know what was going on, i think/hope it improves when you have more of an idea what's going on.

The first few kitchens are to break you into the game, stuff gets crazy complicated further down the line with different dishes.

Just remember you don't have to three star everything on the first go, and the more you replay a level going for the high score the easier it'll get as you get into a rhythm. 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...