passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Cells

Hendo

Woohoo, I'm in the same boat as @mfnickabove. My Dead Cells fingers are back! I never want to lose them again, this game is outstanding 😁

I love how the pace is constantly changing, you might want to take your time and be tentative but it's not always going to work. Sometimes the shit just hits the fan and you have to be fast.

I have 2 cells now but I cannot seem to get to 3, it's a tough challenge (and I know there are more difficulty levels to go...).

How the game evolves with each cell is total genius, I'm still discovering new things (after around 50 hours).

I typically get to the 6th stages, but I've not made it to the Throne Room again yet. I suspect I would anyway implode with stress, fail heroically and very quickly.

I tend to lean towards (purple/tactics) electric weapons + towers but I'm not sure it's helping me much anymore. I plan to experiment but have no idea where to start.

I'm also finding the DLC stages really tough. One of them has traps EVERYWHERE, I hate it. (I also know it's just practice, with a long road to get there in the first place).
I also met a new, large and purple boss (I think she's the first boss you'd meet down a new path). I've no idea how to get past, I might as well have just stood still for all the damage I did.

Just...

One...

More...

Go.

I’m still on the 1 boss cell. I did the new bosses on zero cells just to experience it. Always get over confident and have a singular huge fuck up which ruins my run.

I usually rely on the purple weapons too. Auto bow in particular can be Godly with the right mutations. 

That's a good idea actually, go back to zero to explore all the new stuff :)
I think it was The Caverns that utterly destroyed me - seemed like a good idea to try something new at the time. The enemies are all so unpredictable again, need to learn.

A friend of mine is on 3, it's annoying. He's also at level 10 on Slay the Spire though so I think he just puts in way too much time 😂

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As always when they release new DLC, ive got back into this in a big way. Took almost 2 days of solid playing but I’ve just completed it with 5 boss cells twice and got the true ending. Holy fucking shit that was tough!!! The lack of any healing flasks is just cruel! The true end boss is actually easier than the regular end bosses IMO though once you learn his patterns. Kind of a a relief after the pain of getting through the rest of it, especially the last extra level. Shields with parry abilities are essential. 

Still just a fucking fantastic game. 

Bonus costume for my troubles. Spoiler tagged just in case anyone doesn’t want to see it. 

Spoiler

02FC2E1C-6129-4506-9747-3EF6EA23D2B3.png

• 3 months later...