passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Cells

Hendo

Well done @Hendo!! 

Ive still not managed to beat this, really need to get back into it, I was a slither off beating the last boss last time I played but got too excited, panicked and got greedy and fucked it up! Closest I ever got! Only reached the last boss 4 times too so hard to learn his patterns. Not touched it since lol.

Just had another great run. Finally got through to the new Giant area and defeated the boss.

Along the way picked up a nice weapon with a gaming reference - The Boy's Axe. You throw it out and it does more damage as it comes back to your hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew the stuff about how it handles platforming but still a really interesting video. It's interesting how often he talks about taking care of the player since I think you can feel that as soon as you load up the game which is impressive considering how hard it can be. 

• 6 months later...

This game and it’s devs continue to impress! 
This is how you do DLC. Provided loads of free updates and content and then when the time comes to add something a bit more significant which you have to charge for, it’s only £4. Cant wait for this, definitely buying. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-29-dead-cells-first-paid-dlc-gets-a-february-release-date-on-pc-and-consoles

• 2 weeks later...

Next DLC is on the 12th for anyone wanting to boot this back up. 

I've been playing it a bit again since I didn't play much of the last update.  I was playing it with a boss cell active so it was making it difficult so I took it off and went to the Giant without it so I could at least defeat him.  Got myself a new sword and some new mutations. 

But now I've at least seen him the boss cell is back on so I can try to get another ?

I’ll defo be back on it when that’s released. As long as it’s on Xbox on 12th too, that’s been my only complaint, the PS4 and Xbox updates and dlc have been a bit behind the PC and Switch versions. Hopefully this isnt the same. 

Second boss cell got. 

I had a quick run with both active and enemies do crazy damage.  And with even less ways to fill up your potion it's harsh. 

I dunno if I can do this at the moment, especially knowing you need three more boss cells to properly finish it ?

Anyone else been playing the DLC then? I started back on this last night, God I’m rusty but even just after a hour or so I’m already almost back to where I was, just shows how well made it is. 

Loving having the new areas! Those mushroom enemies are a motherfucker though. If you get 2 or more on screen it’s quite easy to get overwhelmed. Haven’t got the Ticks pattern down yet either but only had a couple of goes in the new sections. Tick boss is hard still too at minute but literally only tried him once 

Was the graveyard part of this or another DLC too? I died almost immediately in that area. Got instantly overwhelmed by those enemies which create a circle of enemies around them and got battered!! Going to take a bit of practice that! 

I'll get it when my gyro comes. 

Graveyard has been there since the beginning.  Its changed a bit though, as it used to be full of cursed chests which I couldn't leave alone. 

Oh, and those enemies that make a circle of fliers were changed with the last DLC.  They used to just spawn tons of the fuckers if you didn't kill them instantly (I think) not unlike those big robot things in the prison.  They're less annoying now. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got the latest DLC and done a few runs, one including the new stuff.

There's so much new stuff I didn't expect.  I got a bunch of weapons referencing other indie games.  The Hollow Knight nail, a Hyper Light Drifter sword and gun combo and a Guacamelee ability.  They're a bit gimmicky except the HLD weapon, I think that could be legit usable for a proper run.  I don't know when theses were added but its all new to me.  The new areas are pretty cool.  They're both really big with the first one being set in a floating island kind of area with a lot of new traps and some cool looking enemies who aren't too harsh but are problems from time to time.  The second one is quite a bit like the Giant DLC area in how it's laid out so maybe feels a little less unique, but it's good with some more cool enemies.

I've just fought the new boss once and I may have to try again because I found new weapon / ability that made it really easy so it'd be easier to asses without it.  There's a talking sword called Serenade where it can either follow you around like a Symphony of the Night familiar and it attacks on its own or you hold it.  When you strike an enemy either way you mark it and the next hit with in the other form crit so when you get good at swapping you can destroy anything.  It's maybe a bit too good.

It was kinda cool coming back to this and remembering precisely how fun it but for real progress and at two boss cells and I'm so bad at it now to play on that difficulty, it will take some time to get to where I was and get the next ones.

• 4 weeks later...

PSA new DLC is out now. 

Oh boy, I’m very rusty at this! Not played any of the new stuff yet since I can only make it to the Clocktower now haha. Sure ill

pick it up again quickly enough. They’ve added loads since I last played it though. There’s new characters and dialogue everywhere. Love it. 

Got my Dead Cells fingers back! Knew it wouldn’t take long. Just beat the new boss. Another good DLC. I adore the new ship level, the atmosphere and visual design is ace. Surprisingly easy for a late game level which is a relief really after some of the Bastard hard stages they’ve added previously. I’d pick it over the others late game now. 

The other 2nd new level is a bit disappointing as it’s just a elongated boss stage. But the boss is good still and it’s take is quite different within this game. The chase parts are pretty fun. 

The new Queen boss, I absolutely love. Great design and a lot of punishable parry attacks.  

Special mention to the new bonuses they add to levels you don’t visit much. It’s made me play the new levels more. I used to avoid them which was stupid since I paid for them, but because I wasn’t as familiar with the enemies and they seemed a lot harder, even the early stages, I wouldn’t want to risk going into them and lose my good shit. Or I wouldn’t have enough good shit to even attempt them. I’m actually doing them now though and starting to learn and enjoy them more. 

That dark level can still do one though. It’s doo-doo.