passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Cells

Hendo

Fair enoug, I was more wondering if the drop rate of the better weapons was higher on the alternate routes. If I remember rightly I got my 8000 damage crossbow on one of the alternate routes and wondering if it just didn’t have as much of a chance of turning up in the regular path.

i understand what your saying about not unlocking stuff to increase the drop rates of the items you prefer but I’m same as you, don’t believe in that. I like unlocking the other stuff and been discovering weapons I actually like which I wouldn’t have used if the game didn’t make me. I love that about it 

Finally made it to what I believe is the final boss (one after that hard as fuck high peak castle?) last night/early this morning. Got him about half way down. Not too bad for first go I suppose, going to be difficult to learn his pattern though with how hard it is to even reach him. That castle is a killer! 

Made some decent progress.

Found a useful guide of where to find the powers I'm missing....

Spoiler

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE RAM RUNE? 

In the Ossuary. This is an area that can be accessed from the Promenade of the Condemned. If you go all the way to the end of the Promenade, you’ll find the elevator leading up to the Ramparts. Keep walking past the elevator, and you’ll reach a teleportation coffin. Use your newfound Teleportation Rune and the entrance to the Ossuary will be right there.

As before, you’ll have to find and defeat a special elite in the Ossuary. Once done, you’ll be able to slam down on those glowing ground runes, breaking the floor beneath you, allowing you to access the juicy goods below.

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE SPIDER RUNE? 

In Slumbering Sanctuary. To access this dangerous zone, you’ll need to follow a specific route that leads there. From the Prisoner’s Quarters, head to the Toxic Sewers (using the Vine Rune) and then into the Ancient Sewers (using the Ram Rune), then from the Ancient Sewers to the Insufferable Crypt. The Insufferable Crypt houses a tricky boss fight with a giant eye creature. Defeat it, and you’ll be able to head into the Slumbering Sanctuary. 

The Slumbering Sanctuary is a beast of a zone and will require constant vigilance. Go slow and keep an eye out for your target. The elite holding the Spider Rune is at the bottom of a pit marked with a skull flag, so drop down and do your best to survive. For your trouble, you’ll nab the final major rune in the game.

I've got a good combination going with a swarm grenade and crossb-o-matic. Chuck both of them towards the enemies, jump back into safety and watch as they just get destroyed. Made quick work of the first boss too.

• 3 weeks later...

Oof.  I posted that when I saw the update available and trying it now I think I like the performance less.  It was at least consistent before but now it goes from buttery smooth to a chugging mess in larger areas. 

The balences are good, though.  Finally got my first finish and now trying hard mode ?

Sweet didn’t know this update was out. Just been looking into it, sounds really great need to get back into it.

“Enemy auto-scaling is a thing of the past too, meaning you'll actually feel more powerful as you progress through later levels”

This in particular sounds great to me! 

As well as “Legendary weapon drops are no longer tied to boss encounters” and “time challenge doors have been removed from stages and placed into the areas in-between, so that the emphasis is back on speed rather than tracking the elusive buggers down”

Some very smart changes there. Custom mode sounds mega too. If I ever complete it!!! 

Had my first go with the new patch last night, made it to the end boss and almost killed him on my first go! Was not expecting that, the changes are great, I’m loving them. It also feels even faster now especially when you get the kill spree speed boost.

However, I encountered some slight slow down for the first time ever in this game as well last night. On the second stage while fighting a few enemies, it’s stumbled quite a bit. Not a good look for this game at all! It makes the controls really unresponsive too, which for this game is really, really disappointing. Thankfully it didn’t happen in any other section on my few playthroughs last night. But hope it’s not a ongoing issue. 

Awesome, this game keeps getting better and better. Free too, with new enemies and costumes. Whereas other publishers and devs out there charge £1.19+ for a costume or even worse, a unlock key for a loot box which may or may not give you a new costume. 

Excellent news. 

• 2 months later...

New free content for the game:  Rise of the Giant. 

I've done a run and got some new blueprints and seen a new area but didn't know how to do it, though I imagine you need a new ability as I can't see how it's possible as is. 

They seem to have changed a few visuals and item placements.  Early days yet so I don't have a lot to say about it at the moment.  This is more of a reminder.