Killer 7

Hitman: Blood Money

Final Fantasy 9

Resident Evil: Nemesis

LoZ: Majora's Mask

Valkyria Chronicles

Binding of Isaac

Shadow of The Colossus

Too many honourable mentions, so here is the Top Five of those: LTTP, SMB2, Lylat Wars, Freedom Fighters, Dragon Quest 8

17 minutes ago, Nag said:

Shadow of the Colossus original or remake?... Although I'll bet they both have the same stupid horse.??

Original, of course. I didn't have a console between the [Fat] PS3 and Switch, after all. God forbid a horse should actually control like an animal, not a four legged person ?

I've never found any of his games fun but that's not the level they're trying to work at in my opinion. Like there's parts that are sort of fun. But the bulk of that game is closer to a modern walking sim type thing. Ueda games are more about the story told by the environment and it subtext than being fun action games.

I don't think games all need to be fun. Edith Finch was pretty boring, but that's also trying to be a different type experience.

Original RE is lots of fun tho imo. But I like getting fucked over by games like the way those games do.

I don't actually follow you tbh.

But for Ueda I look at his games at being like the parts in Dark Souls where you're reading item descriptions. The "I wonder what happened here before I came" parts  There's a bit of a "game" there also involving puzzles and stuff but I don't think people really come to his games for that*

Like the puzzle of "how do I get this fucking dog bird to understand I want it to jump in the pool".

Is it any wonder these games don't really sell that we'll.

*(Or if they do then thats fine but it's not what I'd consider the series' strength)

51 minutes ago, Nag said:

Aren't videogames themselves supposed to be fun?

Fun is subjective. Some people don't find the infinite Grinding of Disgaea "fun" or PokéMon breeding. Some do.

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

Exactly....

but that's not what you said ?  I'd even dispute that you have to be entertained, something could be interesting, stressful, challenging, there's even some that are mindless distractions (Truck Simulator and the like), they're diverting rather than entertaining