Dragon Quest VIII

Fallout 3

Final Fantasy VIII, IX

GTA San Andreas

Guitar Hero 1, 2

Spyro 2 Gateway to Glimmer

Zelda Link’s Awakening DX

Maybe...

If I was to extend it to a top twenty...

Baldur’s Gate 2

Final Fantasy VI, X

Kingdom Hearts

The Last Express

Mass Effect

Pokemon Red/Blue

Sam and Max Hit the Road

The World Ends With You

Zelda Twilight Princess

Maybe...

There’s also Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, GTA Chinatown Wars...

19 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

@retroed I didn't expect you, or @spatular to want to be on

1. halo 3

2. halo 2

3. halo reach

4. halo

5. halo odst

6. halo 5

7. halo 4

8. halo wars

9. halo wars 2

10. halo - that crappy twin stick shooter.

Let's podcast!

Spoiler

no you're totally right, lets not podcast.

still thinking on top 10, really needs to be top 50 or something, although i can see why that wouldn't be good for a podcast.

21 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:
  1. Compiling
  2. Top
  3. Ten
  4. Lists
  5. Like
  6. These
  7. Is
  8. Completely
  9. Pointless
  10. Tetris

You had to of bought 10 games first... ?

I now think @DANGERMAN has to do a 10-part Serial podcast-like investigation in how Halo 4 got on to @Nag's list. ?

Sure, i'll do a list why not.. (a quick 2 minute list off the top of my head in no order)

Bad Company 2 
XCOM:Enemy Unknown
Metal Gear Solid 
Dark Souls
Link to the Past
Homeworld
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warcraft III
Sensible Soccer - I was tempted to put Pro Evo 3 or 4 but the events around me getting Sensi probably take it above them.  
World in Conflict

I think if i did another 10 it would be quite shooter heavy. 

On 7/5/2018 at 8:14 PM, Jimbo Xiii said:

First run at it. Feels pretty solid though. 

Portal

Forza Motorsport 2

Mario 64

Zelda Links Awakening

FFVII

Game Dev Story

Time Crisis

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and/or 3

Mario Kart DD

Tetris

Made a few changes to mine. 

20 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

@radiofloyd  that's something I was going to talk about, the balance between nostalgia and recency. Are we afraid to hold the latest stuff up as being our favourite?

I think with a bunch of us being here being a little older we're past that excitable stage.  Like, I can appreciate there are a lot of really good recent games but the late 90s to the mid 2000s was when I was really excited about gaming and I think that's reflected somewhat in my choices.  But they are also games that I feel havin't been itterated on very much, or as well, so I still hold on to them today.

6 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

@radiofloyd  that's something I was going to talk about, the balance between nostalgia and recency. Are we afraid to hold the latest stuff up as being our favourite?

I think some of it were the times. Massive jumps between games or stuff that worked in its time. Like yeah there's better football games now than Sensi Soccer but at the time nothing matched it's pure, frenetic, end to end, joy. 

I could go on but isn't this better for the podcast? Mr LazyMan ? let's get it on.

@Nag first.

I'm going to record with one of the mods first. I'm still not 100% what format this is going to take, so I'd rather any experimentation be on my episode (if I do one) or one of the mods. After that I'd like to get them recorded fairly quickly, depending who's available when 

I think my mate used the PS4 earbud thing when we did a practice one. Quality not great but it worked. Sly might cry when editing but Danger might not be so fussed. 

Plenty of cheap usb headsets on Amazon. Always handy to have around.

Got about 2 grands worth of kit in the front room for gaming, but he won't spend £20 on a semi decent mic to podcast because he's a tight cunt. Running scared from podcasting with me because he knows I'll put him through the wringer. ;)

You'll probably use more than once, it depends if you feel comfortable behind a mic talking and can flow freely enough that it sounds alright when listened back to. The more people that get into it the more chance you have at having someone to record with. More voices equal more varied shows as well.