Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Control

On 6/12/2018 at 3:45 AM, DifferentClass said:

The woman in it looks like someone and it's kinda driving me mad.

Cool secret Psy-Ops reboot.

Like a slimmer Amy Schumer.

The actual eyes and nose from the above picture makes me think Maggie from The Walking Dead...

Remedy: Game won't have fetch quests, will deliver the 'telekinesis master' power fantasy

In a recent interview published in the latest GamesTM magazine (issue 205), Kasurinen took the opportunity to explain that Control will deliver on the power fantasy of being a telekinetic master, something he feels no game successfully accomplished in all regards before.

The first point I made was that this is a game about control; it’s about controlling the environment and controlling elements. That’s the main thing of the game. Telekinesis felt like a really natural first step towards that, establishing that as a key gameplay pillar. Jesse is essentially a telekinetic master and is able to use it to control the environment, use it to defend herself and to attack enemies and even able to use it to fly. It opened up a lot of interesting possibilities, but still with an elegant core idea, and of course that led to us thinking very carefully about how we built the environments, and also embracing new workflows – we have a more modular structure to the world, which allows us to add that layer of complexity and detail in the destruction of every single piece in the environment.

He also discussed the side missions that will supplement the main story. Long story short, Kasurinen reassured fans that there won’t be any ‘fetch’ quests in Control at all.

There is the main campaign, which is all about Jesse assuming the role of director of The Federal Bureau of Control – of her earning that role and dealing with the Hiss, the strange force that has taken over The Oldest House. But as she tries to figure that out and follow the main campaign she will be presented with a lot of different options that she can tackle if she wants.

We wanted each one to feel relevant or to at least be an interesting thing for you to do. We want to avoid busywork and meaningless fetch quests in Control, which side quests can so easily become.

GI also has a 5 minute video going over the powers in this game. It’s worrying because the developer is talking about these powers the main character has, like force push and evade dashing, like these are brand new concepts and haven’t been in a number of games already since the early 2000’s. Fuck, Quantum Break had this shit. 

I think the interesting thing is he said it’s a Metroidvania. Which I really like and you don’t see many 3D ones, but then the environments seem all office based and very drab.

I don’t know. I thought this game was interesting in the beginning, but this video has done the opposite of what it’s supposed to do. 

This could still be cool, but expectations definitely lowered 

Dated... 27th August.

Having been briefly leaked on the Xbox Store and hastily removed, Remedy has confirmed that Control will be launching in August, bringing telekinetic action to your platform of choice this summer.

As member of the Federal Bureau of Control Jesse Faden (played by Quantum Break's Courtney Hope), you'll report to FBOC Head of Research, Dr. Casper Darling, who's played by Alan Wake lead actor Matthew Porretta, and even encounter former FBOC director Zachariah Trench played by James 'Max Payne' McCaffrey.

Yes, it's a veritable who's who of Remedy talent and you'll be able to embroil yourself in it all when Control releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on 27th August 2019. Remedy confirmed the leaked release date to Game Informer earlier today.

To be honest I'm not expecting anything ground-breaking, Alan Wake and Quantum Break were both solid single player games though and thats enough for me.

It’s supposed to be Metroid like which is what’s keeping me interested 

Nibel needs to up his game...😄