passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trials Rising

DisturbedSwan

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I’ve been playing the Beta all night on Switch, couldn’t put it down - as addictive as ever.

Even though the graphical differences noted above are quite shocking I don’t think Trials is a series that really needs all the graphics to be good, it’s a very feel-based kind of game.

I wasn’t gonna get it as I’ve got a shit load of other stuff on my plate but just playing the Beta has convinced me to get it at some point, I’ve got £6.50 worth of eShop points to spend so I was gonna get it on Switch.

Is anyone else planning on getting it, as that may sway my decision due to the time trial aspect? I remember on the old forum having a fantastic competition with the ski jump thing (I think we all couldn’t touch Guiness’ time if memory serves correctly).

Some pics: 

D8A2E553-5172-4C7E-B712-4BD2F6B46A6B.jpeg

B07D543F-84E0-45FA-8EFE-D134D25C4ED1.jpeg

41D68171-9BC3-4F17-AF03-60C68966CE05.jpeg

Same, ended up on it for hours last night! Love it, the few tracks  are really creative and look mega. The one where you come out the back of the plane is a particular highlight. Got gold on them all and beat the champion and 3 guest challenge. Can’t wait for full game trying to avoid playing anymore now. 

What console are people are getting it on? I’ve obviously gone for Xbox, but want to make sure I’ve got a few people to race times against. I’ll buy it again on PS4 if I have to lol.

@Blakey how are you finding it without analogue triggers on Switch? I was already using them on the harder snowy trial. I don’t know how you’d do it on Switch. Feathering works to a point but some of the slopes it must make a lot harder? 

1 complaint though, fucking loot boxes!! Why the fuck are they in every bastard game I get and used to love? I’m fucking sick of them. Why can’t I just unlock stuff through progress instead of hoping I get that cool looking costume in a randomised game of chance. Bet you can spend £100 on a “best value” pack and still not get what you want.  Has duplicates too?! So I’ll probably never get some of them. Fucking wank! AAAAAAHHHHH!! It’s like a cancer running through games. They’re not even implemented well, duplicates can’t be sold from the box screen, it’s too many presses to get back to the map after opening them. It doesn’t take you straight to the new stickers when you select them (what’s the point of them anyway), they have shit openings.

Fuck, Fucking loot boxes!! I’m sick of it :( 

I played the beta a bit last night.  This is the first time I've played a Trials game.  There's something I'm missing as some jumps don't seem possible.  I played online and ended up quitting out as I could not get past a little gap and everyone else had finished.

It’s been so long since I last played a Trials game that I really notice it at first @mfnick, for one of the University Trials I was even using the A button instead for some reason ?. When I got onto the Medium difficulty track ‘Lynx World’ or whatever I think I definitely noticed it and remembered muscle memory of feathering the throttle on 360 back in the day. It made things a little harder I think but wasn’t an issue, for me anyway. I haven’t tried the snowy trial yet though but all Gold/A+ in the others so far.

I saw I was getting gear crates when I was levelling up but never opened any. They seem to be purely cosmetic and they hand out a lot of them, not something I’m too fussed about in a £25 release personally.

1 hour ago, DifferentClass said:

I played the beta a bit last night.  This is the first time I've played a Trials game.  There's something I'm missing as some jumps don't seem possible.  I played online and ended up quitting out as I could not get past a little gap and everyone else had finished.

Yeah it's quite a technical game of moving the rider forward/back at the right times and balancing the throttle to get over the jumps and up steep hils. Was there a tutorial? I can't explain it very well but maybe try a quick lean right/left or visa versa just before a jump...a YouTube tutorial would probably be more help than me sorry.