passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Valkyrie Drive -Bikkhuni-

regemond

Ok, so I wasn't even going to post about this game. I was genuinely just going to sit in my depraved little corner and get through it, with none of your eyes having to witness what mine have witnessed.

Then I got this trophy...

Screenshot_20180531_222706.jpg

...so now all you fuckers are gonna live through it too.

The story follows sisters Rinka and Ranka who have been sent to Bikkhuni island on their quest to find a cure for the V-Virus they're afflicted with. God knows how out actually affects them, but it needs curing either way. They do this by training, rising through the ranks and learning how to control this awful, awful medical condition.

Now, because Japan, Rinka and Ranka are both scantily clad schoolgirls. See Exhibit A.

download.jpeg

As they get to the island, the sisters meet a stoic character, Mana, and a chirpy flirt, Momo (I think). They're also scantily clad. Your honour, Exhibit B.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not gonna lie, I was scared to Google that in case of Rule 34.

Anyway, the game is played by exploring levels, brawling in open arenas before finally coming to a one on one battle against a level boss. Each pairing has an Extar half, and a Liberator half. All that means is one fights, while the other gives combat bonuses. Now, the interesting part. You earn bonuses by beating up enough scantily clad generic schoolgirls to gain the energy to transform, via an Ex Drive. Right now these seem very innocent, but I'm only on the lowest level for them, so it could become filthy. Let's face it, it's gonna get wrong. Fast.

Anyway, during the one on one brawls, if you beat your opponent enough, her clothes burst. In... Convenient places... So all that's left are rags around the boobs and crotch area. Classy. If you win well enough, they end up in nothing but their underwear. Classy. If you win even better than that, the poor girls will catch a chill, because they end up completely naked.

Now, remember the part up above? Where I said I wasn't gonna post anything until I got that achievement? That's earned, as it says, by increasing a character's Boob Rank. Now I genuinely wouldn't have known this exists if I hadn't looked through the trophy guide online, but in the dressing room (oh yeah, you can choose each girl's outfit, down to her underwear and accessories. Super fucking creepy) you can use the touch screen to prod the lovely ladies wherever you choose. This levels up your Boob Rank. Every now and then you're thrown a Heart Ticket. I'm not even gonna explain what these do - here's a video (spoilered, because of course I fucking have to spoil it)...

Spoiler

I played that. Many, many times. Until I got a Boob Rank up to the maximum. I'm not even sure what that is!

One thing I'm genuinely happy about with this though, the script completely plays into the ridiculousness of it all. At least, I hope it's playing into that, and not trying to be sexy...

IMG_20180531_224446.jpg

Oh and before I forget, one other way of getting bonuses items of clothing is by finding the Chest Checkers dotted about some of the levels. Literally robots that fondle the girls. If their level is high enough, they get the bonus.

This game, this game is a bit fucked in the head. But (butt?), the fact that it is trying to go down the comedy route with certain storylines makes it much more palatable. Also, I now have a trophy on my list, for all time, called Intimate Connection. 

I think I've hit my line on sordid WTF-ness with this one.

• 7 months later...

I introduced my mate to this on PC Saturday. Ended up buying it for him on his Steam account. Because I'm an awful person and an even worse friend. So that's £20 I've spent on this shit.

Anyway, as he was discovering how wrong it is, I took some pictures and sent them to another mate of mine, with the caption 'Because Japan.' - I literally have no other comment on this besides 'Because Japan.'

Spoiler

IMG_20181230_213316.jpgIMG_20181230_205505.jpgIMG-20181230-WA0011.jpeg

I've put them in spoilers because trust me. Also, ignore the wonky images. I was half cut and trying to be artistic.