passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 76

Sly Reflex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a warm note to fans posted on Twitter today, Bethesda described the decision to create an online-only version of Fallout 'very scary'

and admitted having the same questions a lot of Fallout fans still do: "What exactly is this?" The note also states that Fallout 76 isn't a finished game but 'a starting line', and also warns that, yeah, there's gonna be 'unforseen bugs' and potentially 'spectacular issues' ahead for players.

"Some we're aware of, such as areas where performance needs to improve with lots of players," the note reads. "Others, we surely don't. We need your help finding them, and advice on what's important to fix. We'll address all of it, now and after launch."

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t been keeping much of an eye on what the beta impressions have been so had a look on rllmuk to see what the general consensus is. Turns out, no-one likes it!

Even the editor of Edge turned up saying he watched a streamer play it and it looked terrible.

Yeah most of the things I've watched have been pretty negative & talk about how broken it feels.

Definitely feels like one to stay away from for a few months until it settles down & they get updates out.  Just feels like they are rushing the release.

I've watched a fair bit of it on Twitch and I have to say that it sort of looks like any Bethesda game but with added broken parts, like mods have been installed but not correctly. Looks a bit directionless too. A complete lack of story seems to be the biggest hindrance.