passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

RAGE 2

DisturbedSwan

I wonder if world events are like elusive targets in Hitman or something. Like here’s your chance to do a thing and if you do it you get a thing. 

I could probably YT it but instead I think I’m going to act like I’ve sussed it while being entirely uninformed 

Bethesda have acted with total class again. A Forbes article raised the issue that this game is out soon, but not many people are aware of that, due to the Marketing for it being, well pretty much non existent.

Rage’s/Bethesda’s twitter account decided to attack the writer, by saying “Lol who even are you?”.

True, it’s not like they told the guy to fuck off. But it’s not exactly the right response to a genuine point.

Giant Bomb video is up:

Judging from what Gerstmann says here and another snippet of a review I’ve seen, this won’t review astoundingly but won’t get panned either.

7 or 8 out of 10 kind of game it seems.

I’ve heard the story is short and a bit rubbish. The missions get repetitive, the open world stuff is a bit generic but the action is fun enough.

his taste is all over the place imo. I guess like everyone he likes some poor stuff and hates some great stuff. My greatest issue with him is that he will dislike a game for sometimes bizarre reasons

that's not say he's wrong about Rage 2, I suspect he isn't as that's the problem I had with Mad Max, which this team also made

He was completely right about Crackdown 3 and he likes this more than that.

The other opinion I’ve read backs up what he says that it’s flawed, broken in places (and that’s the PC version), a bit generic but mostly good fun.

23 minutes ago, Nag said:

Most of those are decent scores... We're at the stage now where if your game isn't pulling 9s and 10s it's considered shit, there's no such thing as a good game nowadays, it's either amazing or crap.

Like I said, mixed.

I read the Shack review which doesn’t recommend it until the content path has been finished as there isn’t enough in the game to recommend at full price, at this point.

I’ll probably give it a try on GamePass, there’s nothing so far that screams “buy me at launch!” as yet.

40 minutes ago, Nag said:

Most of those are decent scores... We're at the stage now where if your game isn't pulling 9s and 10s it's considered shit, there's no such thing as a good game nowadays, it's either amazing or crap.

I think more the point there are so many games these days that are amazing if the game is just good then it won’t stand out, unlike years ago when the weighted average was probably lower where today the overall quality is just much higher so people expect more (and will find it)

11 minutes ago, Blakey said:

It's on Game Pass? @Hendo ?

Nope, but the last Just Cause didn’t take long.

10 minutes ago, Nag said:

I wasn't having a go... It was a general observation @Hendo

I highly doubt it at launch @Blakey

I know!

I think the general consensus is “good, nearly great, but not amazing or game of the year material”.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

He was completely right about Crackdown 3 and he likes this more than that.

The other opinion I’ve read backs up what he says that it’s flawed, broken in places (and that’s the PC version), a bit generic but mostly good fun.

Also Crackdown 3 is pretty ok. It is refreshingly outdated and a nice 20 hour piss about love letter to that early 360 era open world game 

I’ve been looking forward to this but just watched the Quick Look. Man it look soooo dull. Basically looks like every other open world game. The trailers made it look like mad, OTT fun but the actual game looks so boring. Oh well, got enough to play I suppose. Plus Wolfenstein and Doom are our soon so guess it’s a good thing I’ve lost all interest.