passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Hendo

I think I'm in the first dungeon now, but I could be wrong, as apparently there are huge areas that still aren't classed as dungeons.

Without spoiling anything (everyone knows Link is also a wolf right?), I've just had my first encounter with the 'Twilight' and have met my companion.

The controls are pretty neat.

It was a massive shock, I didn't think it would happen when it did.

I was all set for a big adventure, then boom!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without giving any spoilers, I've now got the traditional green tunic and am going through the first proper dungeon.

The controls are sublime - I really wouldn't want to play using standard controls now.

Zelda is the perfect example of when the Wii's controls are used correctly.

It's now easy to imagine Metroid working well amongst loads of games.

Not so much the swinging of the sword thing, though that is cool, just breaking the pad into two and having the freedom of having a hand either side of you.

It's not what you'd think, you aren't flailing your arms like mad - quite the opposite, very relaxing.

yeah i just kinda flick my wrist to attack barely need to move the wii mote. The controls do rock though doing a spinny sweep thing attack can be quite hard but then it is a powerful attack so I suppose it is only fair.

Wait till you see lure fishing, ah so much fun I am gonna post my fish in the high scores.

some of the items you pick up in dungeons are not so standard, not spoiling it but the standard ones you'd expect are there but there are new ones too which are fun.

I like the way that the old staple enemies items have been upgraded, for example without !spoiling! the dangly spiders return (that used to just spin) and they are much more deadly, the first time i saw one i thought easy kill and went in over confident and was surprised it seems several things like this have been slightly revamped and it makes me feel like the game has really moved along onto the next gen, similar to how ganon went from fat not particularly worrying pig thing in 'link to the past' and then an equal to link riding horses in Ocarina and then a big dual sword weilding boss in wind waker i cant wait to see if he is in this instalment.

EDIT

Thats shit grammer, i managed it in one long sentance.

I dont like those twilight things they killed the shit out of me, i think it was just not being used to the controls though. I dont know if anyone has had the same feeling throughout any Zelda games but i feel soooooo bad when i die in zelda it just makes me feel like im a shit gamer.

I found an awesome feature on the weirdest characters in this version of Zelda, but due to the possibilty of spoilers (some I haven't seen yet), I'm gonna have to resist.

I'll say this though, it does have its fair share of oddballs.

after what i said about having to put in to get out the other day, just went through a bit where i really wanted to just give up but after keeping at it,

Sorry didnt think it was too spoilerific after it having been in all the mags.

Anyway it was fucking awesome.:woohoo:

Where does everybody stand on this voice acting issue?

I think its about the only thing that can actually be added, and the only thing that could add to the score, but also and this is just my opinion its the one thing that could well ant truly ruin the series.

I freaking hate voice acting it detracts so much from the game, there has never been a game with voice acting where i have thought it was any good (the acting)

I love all the noises people make though in this it is much better and midna kinda talks but is some strange language.

Once again voice acting and games don't mix, not for RPGs anyway, it ruined Fable with everyone having cornish accents, "ar look thar goes thaat chicken chaserr" sucks ass, the game was good though.

gosh I am 6 dungeons in, I think I am doing this too fast even though I am trying to do all the side quests and loads of fishing.

It only get's better Hendo the dungeon I have just done, spoilers aside reminded me a lot of Ocorina of time for some reason that I wont tell you but you will know when you get there.