passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Red Dead Redemption

hinn888

I still don't understand how you can call a bluff on a guy's opinion of how many 2's will end up coming up! I thought it was that he was saying that he had (for example) 3 x 2's and you could call bullshit on that (a bit like the card game, "Cheat!") but I really don't get the point of this game at all.

Rockstar has already announced the free Outlaws to the End Co-Op DLC Pack, which is expected to arrive sometime in June. But there's also more on the way, scheduled for later in the year.

Over on the Rockstar News Wire, there's a Q&A clearing up burning community questions, and as the inevitable query about DLC pops up, the site has this to say: "...there will definitely be more DLC packs to follow, later this summer and into the fall. Some exciting things are planned – we’ll be announcing info including release time frames and pricing on those in the coming months."

So, there'll be ample DLC support for Red Dead Redemption, which shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering how well supported GTA IV was with its two vast episodes.

I'm in Mexico now, I'm getting pulled all over the map for different quests so i've started using the stagecoach quick-travel things.

Fair play, there's some cracking facial hair in this game. :D

It's so easy to get sidetracked in this game, there's always something that appears while en route to another mission.

I got the dastardly achievement earlier. I don't feel any remorse as she enticed me over saying she was being attacked by three men, but she was all part of it. Here it is.

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v6.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=29cated&s=6"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=29cated&s=6">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

I think I'm coming to the end of the second part, in Mexico, now.

So far I've kept away from knowing what the achievements are, apart from the Dastardly one which came up on a podcast, but I think it might be time to have a look at them and see what I can get.

Sad ending :( About time a game let you continue after the end though without having to revert back. Will do all the challenges now.

To be honest, I was expecting you to be able to continue to clean things up, but wasn't sure how they'd handle it after John's last scene. I like how they've approached it though.

I've done all the stranger side-quests and that but I still have enough to do to keep me busy.

Still haven't touched the multiplayer yet, by the time I do most people will be bored of it probably.

this game is amazing story-saturated sandbox action, better than gta4 imo. mainly because i think they created a more believable, interactive world thats just a joy to be in whether youre living off the land hunter-gatherer style, lending the law a hand with elusive undesirables, hustling your way across the gambling world, or just concentrating on the mission at hand and bringing Dutch n co to ambiguous justice!

though of course its much harder to recreate modern life in a city of millions with just as many pastimes, than a simpler, sparser wild west world. but damn its convincing because of those less complicated aspirations.

and what an ending!

Looking at your achievements Hendo,

Theres still one more story part you have to do.

Done. :)

In my defense, it wasn't obvious that there was a last mission to do, should've been a proper name on the map, I wouldn't have noticed it but I was going through all the shops to make sure I've bought everything I can buy.

I nearly fucked it up too, because I walked up to the guy with my gun out and it said I'd failed the mission, so i had to restart my save.

This game is like a piece of art.

I am actually enjoying just wondering around in the world and taking my time to get things done. In no way am i tempted to rush stuff just to beat the game as i want this experience to last as long as possible.

Anyone know if there is a sensible way to tell if another horse is better than your current one?

There are no stats.... but was wondering if there were different 'models' with visual ways to identify if its worth and upgrade over your current mount.

Apprently the game uses the Wilhelm Scream. I haven't noticed it, anyone else?

I did a bunch of missions in Mexico yesterday. The song and the visuals as you first ride out into the landscape after the ferry mission make for a fantastic moment. So atmospheric.

I changed into the Clint Eastwood style poncho as soon as I unlocked it. Perfect. :D

Anyone know if there is a sensible way to tell if another horse is better than your current one?

There are no stats.... but was wondering if there were different 'models' with visual ways to identify if its worth and upgrade over your current mount.

I went straight for one of the 3 star horses (they do have basic descriptions in the shops - just slow, medium or fast I think) but it's hard to tell much of a difference, to be honest. Then again, I'm sure if I went back to my old horse then I'd notice it.

I'm pretty sure I've heard the Willhelm Scream - if nothing else, it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't use it.

Red Dead Redemption Title Update Sharpening its Spurs For Next Week

Written Thursday, June 03, 2010 By Richard Walker

You know those mad glitches that you might have stumbled across playing Red Dead Redemption? Well Rockstar is preparing a patch that fixes none of them, but still provides updates to combat issues with multiplayer connectivity and that notorious Mo Van Barr bounty alongside some fixes for other items.

"Due to the unpredictable nature of the testing and console manufacturer submission process, we cannot pin down a very specific date and time, but we do expect this to be released for download for both systems by the end of next week," says the Rockstar News Wire.

For everyone's patience as they wait for the impending patch, Rockstar will be releasing the Savvy Merchant and Expert Hunter outfits as free downloads later this summer to show its appreciation to all the Red Dead fans out there.

For now, here's the place to contact if you're currently experiencing issues with multiplayer connectivity. Refer to the Xbox support article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874 for assistance.

Red Dead Redemption 'Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack' Due June 22nd

Written Friday, June 04, 2010 By Richard Walker

Red Dead Redemption's popular multiplayer is set to expand with six new co-op missions, each supporting 2-4 players.

'Walton's Gold', 'The River' and 'Ammunition' are three of the six missions depicted in new screenshots, which show four-player gangs sticking together and taking on AI enemies.

'Walton's Gold' has you taking on the Walton Lowe Gang in an explosive showdown, whereas 'The River' involves breaking into the Nosalida stronghold by heading downstream while flanked by enemy soldiers. 'Ammunition' takes place in Tesoro Azul, where you'll need to clear out a gang of bandits and take back the besieged town.

The 'Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack' is available for free on the Xbox Live Marketplace from June 22nd, with more co-op missions and other DLC promised in the near future.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Turns out I didn't get all of the stranger missions after all. I found this Chinese guy who felt enslaved by his boss.

I was asked to get a white horse to set him free so I did and then felt the right thing to do was to put a bullet in the boss's head after the mission was over.

Anyway, couple of days later I find the Chinese guy slumped on a bench by the train station. He was clearly a junkie and I made no difference to his life whatsoever. I felt really pissed off how used I'd been by a junkie scum.

So I shot the bastard in the face.