passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Football Manager Touch 18

DANGERMAN

This is out on tablets and PC too, but specifically this is for the Switch version (because I don't think anyone else is going to buy it, let alone on anything other than Switch).

It's not a bad version. My understanding is that it potentially has the full database, but because you aren't playing on a powerful PC with a good cpu, you're only supposed to select a small number of leagues to keep the speed up. Even with than it can get a bit framey in handheld mode when you're on the match screen, bouncing between tactics, the opposition's line up, then the game screen, the cursor will skip

Controls are a bit weird, the touch screen works in handheld mode, which is mostly how I've been playing it,  but it doesn't completely control the game, which I'd assume it does on an actual tablet and the pc can be entirely played with a mouse. So you'll need the physical controls to access menus and bring up context menus, and tbh given when your hands are it's probably quicker

As a game though it's pretty good, certainly the most I've enjoyed and wanted to play Football Manager in years. It's easier, and given that United have, on paper, a very good team, I've been banging in the goals, probably averaging close to 3 goals a game... so not very realistic but a nice antidote to Mourinho

It's got the 3D match engine too, so you can watch Valencia volleying in a cross for Rom to mess up PSG

• 4 months later...

Surprisingly, given how miserable real football is at the minute, I'm back on this. I'm a few seasons in and have got myself in to my usual situation of bringing too many kids through while I still have a full squad so end up juggling players trying to keep them happy.

I signed Dele Ali because City had unsettled him to the point he'd demanded to be put on the transfer list. I swooped in and signed him for 40 million, bargain. Except he's not been as good as Pogba or Lingard in the 10 role. To fit him in I've moved Pogba deeper, which meant I was struggling to get all my midfielders game time. Jesse moved to the right but I already had Rashford, Mata and Bailey (young Belgian wonderkid) playing out there, and Pereira is somehow turning into one of my best players out on the right rather than the centre mid he's turning into in real life. I had to sell Marital to free up space on the left because I've got Sanchez actually playing well, Bailey can play there, I've got a Brazilian wonderkid called Rodyrigo needing appearances, and Jadon Sancho is joining next season. 

Anyway,  all this is just a prelude to me posting Bailey's thunderbastard