Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Avengers : Infinity War - SPOILERS!

I just meant to get him involved. I'd love to see him involved and that'd be a great way to force him back. I can't see them not, going by the magnitude of the situation. 

We'll see. 

This is where I was getting the Ant-Man info that it will provide exposition to Infinity War, I wasn’t just pulling it out my arse :lol: 

The Russo brothers confirmed to IGN on the set of Avengers: Infinity War that there are Ant-Man and the Wasp elements that "stitch in" to the third Avengers movie. Director Peyton Reed has said that Ant-Man is supposed to be dealing with the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War -- namely, we'd imagine, that Scott Lang takes that house arrest deal.

That Asgardian thread point is a bit odd, were half the Asgardians allowed to leave? As Thanos destroys the ship in the end anyhow.

Jude Law is playing Mar-Vell who's an alien and Captain Marvel's mentor, that just screams out he's a dead man walking... Just like the bald gal in Doctor Strange.

I could watch the Valkyrie gif all day long, my god she's hot.

It's fair to say all of the Black Order were killed isn't it?... That's a shame, I thought Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight were especially well done, I would've liked a reappearance from those.

I saw this yesterday and to quote Demetrius from Midsummer Night's Dream "It was dope as fuck"

Peter Quill is always funny as fuck, as is Thor. His calling of Groot and Rocket as Tree and Rabbit caused lols.

Anybody know if Iron Man and Strange don't get on in the comic? I didn't expect them to have beef.

Tom Holland continues to impress me as Spiderman, he gets better in every film and looks alot like @Sambob

But there was a scene that i'm not saying I didn't like, i just thought it was odd. It was when Natasha, Okeye and Wanda were fighting Proxima Midnight. Why was it so important to have all the females fighting each other? I just thought it was weird and it very much stood out to me. I'm sure there was another instance of that but I forget now.

@illdog... Yeah I noticed the cat scrap too, certainly wasn't a sexist thing as Black Widow has been man handled by Bucky multiple times...

@Nag, yea, and she's fought Hawkeye too, Hulk, in fact she's fought many dudes.  What other term desribes that scene though? It was blatent 'look at the women, it's all women fighting!"

Bad ass women kicking ass was my take from it, loved that scene myself.

Could possibly be the early beginnings of the Female Avengers that has been rumoured for awhile. I believe they probably wanted it as a mirror to the Thanos gauntlet-take attempt on Titan as well, both sequences are very similar.

Having an all female Avengers cast would probably alienate to many macho blokes... I'd be amazed if that ever happened.

18 hours ago, Nag said:

I could watch the Valkyrie gif all day long, my god she's hot.

5 hours ago, Nag said:

Having an all female Avengers cast would probably alienate to many macho blokes... I'd be amazed if that ever happened.

Lel

I remember last year we'd get teenage boys on the young side come right up to the counter at the cinema and in hushed tones ask if they could see Wonder Woman.

Valkyrie has now been confirmed to still be alive by Joe Russo... This is a good thing.😊

On 4/30/2018 at 5:40 PM, illdog said:

@Nag, yea, and she's fought Hawkeye too, Hulk, in fact she's fought many dudes.  What other term desribes that scene though? It was blatent 'look at the women, it's all women fighting!"

It’s true, although if it was Zak’s DC universe they’d all have their tits out and the camera would be pointed up theirs arseholes... wait a minute...

just got back from a second viewing. It’s just as great second time around. The cinema was surprisingly calm, although I did go on opening night last week, but the jokes didn’t seem to land as well. I still laughed a lot though. It really is great ensemble film making. I still can’t believe how coherent it is. Also I noticed tonight, when Stark ‘formally’ makes Peter an Avenger, the Avegners fanfair/theme thing plays which is nice. 

I loved it on my second viewing, the ending had exactly the same gut shot impact as it did first time round. I did notice the same thing with a quieter cinema, on opening night the jokes had the whole screen in laughter but with only 20 people spread out people seemed less inclined to laugh at things

I didn't think it was that funny. There's lots of jokes and a few are pretty good, big Davey B had a good line but aside from him I could live without the rest of the Guardians, after the first film they've been pretty dislikable imo

It's a good film though, one of the better Marvel films I think. They did a better job of it than Civil War which was a skirmish in a car park rather than what it should have been. It did kind of feel like all hands on deck, for the most part at least

Thor was great, I was never a fan but they've done a good job with him over the course of the films. As others have said, knowing that they aren't going to kill off these characters means their deaths are empty, not entirely sure what people would be crying at but each to their own

Better than the last Avengers film (not hard tbf), better than the last Captain America, not as good as the last Thor

I've been thinking bout this trying to piece together what I actually liked about it.  I definately enjoyed it during watching it, and despite its lentgh I didn't really want it to end, but I think that's because there are so many characters I wanted more meaningful moments from everyone.  I think one thing I'm not happy about is how Gamora went.  I feel like that should have happened in a Guardians film where it could have been part of the main plot as offing her as a side story in a team up film is kinda lame.  I think Loki has come to the end of his arc so that didn't seem as bad but there should have been more drama between Thanos and Gamora to give the sacrifice more weight.

But as a big team up film it is fun and light since it has to spread its story over a lot of characters so I think its as good as the original.  I've actually come to appreciate Age of Ultron more with repeat viewings as I think it does also try to be about something as well where the others struggle to find room for that.  But I guess I'll see this again at some point and I guess I'll see if thats the case here.

I have to disagree about it being fun and light. For me it was actually quite dark, I found that the humour was definitely there but that I felt quite oppressed during a lot of it. It starts with loki dying and then has a bit of humour but I was thinking about loki dying. Then there's stuff like stark having that sobering moment where not only is he being taken on a one way ticket away from his planet, just like he was faced with in the first avengers film which then subsequently fucked him up for a whole movie, but he is responsible for Peter suffering the same fate too. Then we have a torture scene in which squidward is shot into space, then a few jokes, later there is the nebula torture scene and then we have Gamora being flung into oblivion and then some jokes. 

I known that the deaths don't ultimately have that much impact, see my point about upping the stakes at the cost of diminishing their gravity, but it did feel like this film certainly of all the avengers films, but probably marvel films too, had the most weighty consequences throughout. There was genuine suspense when they are trying to get the gauntlet off and then Starlord fucks it all up and that felt like a big thing. 

Bad choice of word on my part, when I say light I mean... shallow?   That sounds bad...  I mean it doesn't spend a lot of time on things and moves quite fast, but I stick with fun because despite some of the darkness there are a lot of jokes and fantasy action that still adds a sizable dose of fun.

I think one of the reasons it worked for me is, like DC said it's pretty long, but there's very little down time. Pretty much everyone had the same arc; introduction, fight, lose, plan, fight, but the naval gazing never took too long. It kept the pace up