Sign in to follow this  
Nag

Avengers : Infinity War - SPOILERS!

download.jpeg

So, for people who've seen this actual event now's the time and this is the place to get the good, the bad and the ugly out all in one place...

Straight off the bat I'm gonna say I loved the film as a whole and can't really complain about much full stop, I guess my biggest complaint would be that the Hulk got short shrift... I get he's supposed to be basically an angry 5 year old but a coward? come on!... I so wanted the Hulk to burst out of the Hulkbuster suit and have a one on one throwdown with Cull Obsidian, sadly that didn't happen.

Good to see Scarlet Witch finally show the extent of her powers, for me her and Vision had some of the best scenes in the film... same with Doctor Strange actually, I was surprised by just how much I like his character.

I honestly thought Iron Man was going to buy it when he was impaled, seriously my heart was in my mouth at that point... which leads to Doctor Strange's comments they've definitely kicked off that one version of events that leads to victory, surely?

Brilliant post credit scene, I'll admit, I don't know much about Captain Marvel or her powers but when she's been billed as the most powerful hero introduced to the MCU so far I can't wait to see what she's capable of...

So much to love about this film that's been 10 years in the making.👍

I was sitting shellshocked watching the credits as tears streamed down my face.

Could hardly speak to my old man in the car on the way back as I was still processing what the fuck I just saw.

Also the Captain Marvel tease at the end was insane. I’m guessing Ant-Man and Hawkeye will be in 4.

Thanos was incredible, he had such a Darth Vader presence to him, it had such an Empire Strikes Back vibe to it. Best comic book villain I’ve seen on screen.

I cried twice during this film. First when we see Steve Rogers in Scotland and the ending.

Also the scene where Spider-Man clings onto Stark and says 'Mr Stark I don't feel to good' and eventually fades into nothing is a GOAT contender.

The look of desperation, anxiety and sadness in Tom Holland's (Spider-Man's) eyes in that scene I will never ever forget.

I also thought it was excellent, but one issue (I guess..) I can’t shake is I’m not sure how much weight to put in the people being turned to dust. There is no way Black Panther and Spider-Man are actually gone, which sort of lessens the impact for me. 

Thanos was excellent, much better than I had expected, really it was his film. One flaw of the marvel films that, with exception to Loki, all the villains have been pretty flat and only lasted one film to give the hero’s something to deal with. Thanos was an actual character with motivations, that I wasn’t expecting. 

Thor rebooting a star and striking the shit out of Thanos are possibly my favourite bits of the film. Bucky duel wielding a machine gun and Rocket a close second. 

It was funnier than I had expected as well, when it could have gone down the doom and gloom route of Batman etc. 

Moving forward, I think they are down the path that Strange saw in the future, which is why he needed to give up the time stone. My friend had two theories, one that the dust bunnies are in an alternate world (so they saw the reverse from their perspective) or that the half the galaxy that got clicked out are in the soul stone. 

Yeah, certain characters "dying" feels a little worthless as we already know they have sequels incoming... I'd like to think Gamora, Loki and Heimdall will stay dead but a GotG film without her would be weird. There's definitely going to be some sort of cosmic reset button though.

Thor's character arc has really impressed me it's nice to see he actually looks like he has the powers of a god...

And Thanos was indeed brilliant, you could actually see where he was coming from with his way of thinking.

Guys, a spoiler thread doesn't work at all if you're reading the new post thread.

Maybe put the posts in the spoiler tags too please. Thanks. 

That kind've defeats the whole idea of a spoiler thread...🤔

It would be interesting if they went the whole Injustice 2 route and had all the characters transported to a different universe or realm. 

So when we see Spider-Man in the Homecoming sequel next year that's just an alternative version of New York and the OG Avengers are stuck in the other dimension with Thanos to play with.

I guess it would be a bit of a cop out. Of course they could do the whole thing where they say Spidey 2 etc. takes place before Infinity War too.

Apparently there's a lot of added exposition to IW in Ant-Man 2 this year and Captain Marvel next year, so we'll just have to wait and see what they have in store.

I know almost nothing about Captain Marvel other than she's essentially Marvel's Superman (that's just a comment I read).

The Captain Marvel film is set in the eighties isn't it?

As for the Spider-Man sequel, that's the first film of phase 4... One way or another this Infinity War business will be wrapped up by the time that releases.

1 hour ago, Nag said:

That kind've defeats the whole idea of a spoiler thread...🤔

Being able to see spoilers is the same no? 

It's cool, i'm not having a go (i avoided the spoilers but i could read everything) :) but maybe the forum can look into this for spoiler threads. It's just the new post part that's a problem. 

I've never used that new post thing so I've no idea how it works anyway....🤗

I think it starts in the 50s and goes through different decades @Nag. But I may be wrong, I thought I read Nick Fury meets her in the 90s. 

Thanos was done just right. How they balanced that  many personalities was a real achievement. I'd have liked more Hulk aswell. Just hiding like a scaredy cat? C'mon they better have an explanation than that.

Yeahs Ms Marvel is a prequel film like Captain America I heard. Hopefully it answers why she's been putting her feet up during the first two Avengers. My theory is she's been off world dealing with something else, that coincidentally will help in this situation. Funny how the story assumes she's even alive. She could've been turned to fag ash aswell 😂

I really like Ms Marvel. A sassy kick ass lady. She isn't on the same level as Superman, very few are, but she's extremely capable. Has a similar powerset which is where the comparison lies I thnk. Flight, strength, durability, fires cosmic beams from her hands, absorbs energy to fire back at her opponent. They might make her OP in the film, which'd be odd -they normally tone them down, but we'll see.

The character is Captain Marvel. Its going to be set in the 90s and will feature lots of previously seen characters, like Ronan the accuser, the Nova corps and then will add in Kree/Skrulls and I think its going to lay the groundwork for the Secret Wars storyline later on. Jude Law is playing Mar-vel which is the male version of the character and the predecessor to Captain Marvel, and I imagine it will be part origin and ties her into whats happening with Thanos, but yeah there needs to be a really good reason why the most powerful character in the universe (alongside Adam Warlock) has been out and about for all this time.

In terms of what happens next, ive got a feeling that the remaining Avengers, or at least some of them, will have to Soul Stone style sacrifice themselves in order for everyone else to be revived, because its very much a split of characters at the end of their contracts vs characters that have multi film contracts. Downey Jr, Evans, Hemsworth have all talked about not doing any more films.

Its this plot point that I kind of have a problem with, and its the exact same in the comics really, when you introduce three (Thanos, Warlock, Marvel) of the top tier powerful characters alongside a super all powerful MacGuffin (infinity gauntlet) it really really devalues anything that has gone before. It gives this particular film an enormous sense of raising the stakes, but it also makes you think whenever anything else happens in the future you think 'Well they can just gather the infinity stones' or 'Captain Marvel will fix it' and it becomes a bit like Dragon Ball where nothing feels permanent or truly in jeopardy.

Ok it's important to note that Mar-vell - the original Captain Marvel is a super power. Ms Marvel - I believe relaunched as Captain Marvel recently is a totally different person. Basically your human got caught in an explosion with Mar-Vell gained some powers kinda thing. 

I think much of the focus will be on Brie Larson. I imagine Mar-Vell will die perhaps so she isn't outshone. Otherwise it'd be like who care about you - fuckin Mar-Vell is here! 

I'm also calling Ant-Man and the Quantum verse existing out of time has an effect on Avengers 4. Totally my original idea.

Just thought. Where's Valkyrie? Tessa Thompson? She was great and another good female character. She was on the ship with Thor. Didn't even get a death scene or mention 🤔 very odd.

There are talks that they want to do a female Avengers film and she will probably be in that, but I can understand why they wanted to get Infinity War out and focus on that and how in doing so they have managed to drop a few threads.

You can see from the fact that basically all the Black Panther stuff was in the trailers that they dont always know how certain characters or films are going to play with audiences. I think its better to be that way round though, otherwise it feels like they are pushing a film or character on the audience a bit.

Ant-Man and The Wasp is set before Infinity War's events so its not going to further the story at all, and whilst I would expect both to be in Avengers 4, I dont think that they will give that film any significantly important events, it will probably try and get those characters established enough to fit nicely into the new avengers line-up that we will have post Avengers 4.

Just so everyone knows the time line for films, Ant-Man and The Wasp is out mid-late summer and then Captain Marvel is out next March followed by Avengers 4 next April.

15 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Just thought. Where's Valkyrie? Tessa Thompson? She was great and another good female character. She was on the ship with Thor. Didn't even get a death scene or mention 🤔 very odd.

Thor made a point of saying Thanos killed half of the Asgardians on the ship.  Hopefully Korg is okay, too.  Probably not Miek.

But I would like more Valkyrie

tumblr_p2z7aa6KVN1u4kolmo8_400.gif

I know, but no specific mention? 😢

Lov me some more Valkyrie. My favourite bit that. That cheeky wiggle 😉

21 minutes ago, Sambob said:

Ant-Man and The Wasp is set before Infinity War's events so its not going to further the story at all,

I'd heard it's a similar time line. Like it runs into the Infinity event.

Imagine it's the end. They've won the day and all sat around smiling. 

Then Hank turns to ash...

*Fade to credits*

Yeah? Yeah?! 🤔

I can actually definitely see that happening, it would be awesome, and they go into the quantum realm and are saved and dum dum dummmm we have some sort of solution to the problem. However they wont give Ant-Man something that important, it will be a nice spin off fun adventure which is a shame because the character is great, Rudd is excellent as a superhero and I would have loved to see more of him interacting with somebody like Starlord.

EDIT: Also I hate the fact that Hank Pym has been done dirty like he has in the cinematic universe and had so much of his comic book glory taken away.