passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

God of War

DisturbedSwan

• 1 month later...

I remember playing Arkham Asylum and feeling like if life didn't get in the way i'd keep going till i was done, as with Zelda: BotW. I feel this way about God of War as well so it's in esteemed company. I've no idea how much time ive put in to it, main quest wise:

I've just beaten Magni and Modi and the boy is sick again

I'm quite invested in the story, i'm enjoying finding out who people are (like The Witch) and i'm looking forward to finding out how Kratos reveals his true nature to Atreus.

I think this is my GOTY so far.

Finished it tonight. 

I loved it, all the way through. The relationship between Kratos and Atreus was really well done I thought, from what it is at the start to how they are at the end, was kinda heart warming.

Mimir was hilarious, what a brilliant character. Actually, other than Thor’s sons there wasn’t a character I didn’t like ( and I don’t think you’re supposed to like them). I really enjoyed the lore as well, I’d retained some of it from Hellblade and it was cool to see it told in this story

especially the mistletoe as Baldurs weakness. And Atreus as Loki? What the fuck? God of Mishief wasn’t the path he seemed to be on

Definitely haven’t played a game better than this in 2018. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started this last night - dumb idea with Spidey coming out this week, but fuck it.

First impressions are it looks stunning. I haven't played something this visually impressive since Horizon last year. The controls are weird, but I can see why they've been set out that way.

Story is intriguing me. I played up to, and beat, The Stranger (not to be confused with the masturbation technique), who I assume is...

Spoiler

Loki.

Also done a little bit of exploring, found a couple of bits and pieces off the beaten path. If it stays this linear with little stuff off to the side here and there I'll be quite happy.

I've managed to avoid anything in this thread, and the one on GTM, so I apologise if I say anything that's already been mentioned over the last few months. At least I'm going in completely fresh though.

Anyway, that's all stream of consciousness rather than any real impressions so I'll try and play some more over the next few days and get a real idea of what I think of it. I can see me being absolutely blown away given some of the shit I've played this year.

It's gonna be fun juggling this, Spider-Man and EDF over the next few weeks.

• 4 months later...

Jesus. Didn't realise I hadn't posted on this in so long.

Anyway, still playing it, sloooowwwlyyyyy, still working my way through, really enjoying the story for what it is.

I've just killed...

Spoiler

Baldur to save Freya's life, and now she's threatening to reap vengeance on me, my children, my children's children. I dunno. I stopped listening. She's annoyed I saved her life.

Side note: why does Baldur look older than Freya? I know they're gods and all, but come on now.

Combat is a lot of fun, I never tire of the R3 murder button. Some of the puzzles have been a lot of fun, too. One recent section I really enjoyed was the area where you...

Spoiler

have to flip the plates to reach Jotunheim. You head under the world tree, or make it go upside down. Whatever. The puzzles in there involve a series of spinning wheels you have to line up, and on the opposite side was one where you had to make your way through the spiked blocks.

I'm really having fun with this game. There's not one part I'm disappointed with, or flat out don't like.

Been playing this for seemingly bloody ages. It’s really great, but I’m wanting to get it done before RE2 comes out (the 25th I believe).

I’ve just

Spoiler

flipped that temple

and have

Spoiler

jumped off the edge of the “inbetween realms”

Sorry for the sketchy descriptions, but can any of you fine people tell me how far from the end I am?

• 3 months later...