passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

SEGA Mega Drive Mini

HandsomeDead

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

If it's a worm he can't be a furry

Maybe we need a different word for these people. Maf is a slimey?

giphy.gif

Worms are quite Phallic, maybe that is at the centre of @Maf's fetish?

It is your fetish Maf, you tell us? We're not kink shaming either. Although it could appear that @one-armed dwarf is, but that is just because he typically hates everything that isn't DMC.

The point is, it is ok to be wrong Maf, it is 2019 and that is ok...

DgYVI2iWAAAldh0.jpg

@Maf is accurate with his assessment.

It's especially child's play next to Contra Hard Core and Shinobi III.  Those are two real ass video games. 

Oh, and I was babysitting my niece today and they have a 360 set up with the Mega Drive Collection and we played both Streets of Rage 2 & 3.  Seriously, 3 really is light years ahead of 2.  When the world becomes just it will be the consensus. 

37 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

Streets of Rage 2 is the best 2D scrolling beat-em-up of any Era.

Old School, maybe. But I can think of a better, modern one:

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Seriously, 3 really is light years ahead of 2.  When the world becomes just it will be the consensus.

Soap in your mouth young man. Soap in your mouth.

34 minutes ago, OCH said:

Old School, maybe. But I can think of a better, modern one

I don't see a playable big muscly wrestle man in there. Without that, all is bust.

Japing aside it's looking a good list. I'd buy it. But I'm not buying any more fecking Mini Megadrives ?

17 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

I don't see a playable big muscly wrestle man in there. Without that, all is bust.

60b.gif ?

Until the N64 Mini emerges from the ether, I'm done with the Mini console thing. The line ups seem to be far too superficial representations of the library each console had to offer. The SNES for example, had a metric ton of great games, the Mini gives you... 21?

3 hours ago, ThreeFour said:

Soap in your mouth young man. Soap in your mouth.

Can't stop me speaking truth to power. 

I'm wondering if you play SoR3 like 2 it is a lot harder and a bit of a nightmare.  You gotta use the added abilities, especially the dash and roll. 

Gimmicks. They put those in to be different. It's peak was 2. Perfect music. Perfect stages. Perfect bosses. 

And a big muscly man who cracks necks. Not some old geezer robot who shakes n slams like he just lost on street fighter ?

It's hardly a gimmick when it's fairly essential to completing the game. 

SoR2 rules: it has sweet music and still looks kinda great, and it's important to the culture of gaming (for lack of a better term).  Just don't try and tell me it's a better game.  Pull the other one

Oh, and you can be a boxing kangaroo 

Rolling about is hardly essential. You can't better the focus, tight combat and pacing of 2. You've got a sequel that for all it's best intentions is just a messier, busier version that I don't think is an improvement in any way. Less is more. I'd say it's maybe even the worst of the three. So yes; I'll pull whatever you want ??

I'm not all that serious tho. I love all three. So long as you like one of them it's fine by me ?

All the mechanics are just so basic and I don’t get how you’re supposed to play them well. And every boss in any game I’ve played like that are bullshit. Whether it’s Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Maximum Carnage, Captain America and the Avengers, Ninja Turtles or whatever. 

It’s all just hit the punch button at people coming towards you, hopefully you spam it enough they don’t hit you first, and then try to outlast the bosses while they have ridiculous I-frames and stuff. 

I don’t think I’ve ever successfully completed a game of this type. They have always seemed to simplistic for any real skill and it’s all a war of nutrition with the game