passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Tbh and I know most will disagree but that direct was a bit flat for me, I didn’t like Skyward Sword on the wii so doubt a port will fix that, Mario golf yep well it’s expected, although I’m still playing the latest 3ds version.

I know Nintendo do there own thing and they must have listening groups but sometimes they just frustrate with the rerelease and very little additional work put in, I mean a remade Mario Sunshine with a fixed camera and better graphics would of been amazing but they just ported it and changed the controls it feels lazy, I buy a port of Gears for example and it’s been updated and still feels as good as before but looks better on the Series X. 

I would like to see the listening groups or the meetings when they decide what to port and why, and what’s stopping the original new content, yes covid is slowing stuff down but feels like they had nothing in the pipeline leading to covid. I’m a bit disappointed with Nintendo the cube felt like titles came thick and fast but the wii, wii u, switch so far it all feels rerelease and slowly drip feeding bits.

Yeah, I was thinking about the Gamecube yesterday a bit as well. Compared to what they're doing now it's almost ridiculous how many games they managed to release on that system over the span of only 5 years. I know development takes more time these days and games are more complex, but there's also been a shift in mentality there as well. On the Gamecube they pretty much dropped all they had, from surefire hits to obscure niche games (remember when both Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing were considered that) but these days they seem to only focus on the big hitters, with ARMS being a very lonely exception. And if you start substracting the WiiU ports it gets even worse, we wouldn't even have a Pikmin or DK game on the system and Smash Bros. wouldn't be as refined as it is since it's technically just a heavily modified version of Smash Bros. WiiU.

Oh well, at least some indie studios are releasing quality games on the system. And thank god for Square Enix and Capcom.

Neo Geo Pocket Color collection coming to Switch.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/02/snk_announces_neo_geo_pocket_color_compilation_for_nintendo_switch

According to SNK, more details will be shared in the coming weeks. It will feature all of the six previously released Pocket Color games. As noted by Destructoid, this includes Samurai Shodown! 2, SNK Gals' Fighters, King of Fighters R-2, Fatal Fury: First Contact, The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny and of course this week's release.

As a statement of intent this looks really neat, but it also looks really rough and early.

I would like a Breath of the Wild Pokemon but also it's got to be more than just Pokemon in open world imo. Let me fly a charizard, make the biome interesting to explore and give pokemon cool abilities to get around and do stuff.

Took them a really long time to break from the formula but hopefully it's cool

So the Switch Pro that has been rumored since the system's launch might turn out to be just an XL version of the Switch, like the DSi XL:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-04/nintendo-plans-switch-model-with-bigger-samsung-oled-display

I think that would be the best way to go about it. I've never been on board with people asking for a more powerful system, that's just a perfectly valid way to split your userbase and to sell users of the older model inferior versions of games. This on the other hand seems like a sensible upgrade in line with the company's history. The only thing that sticks out a bit is 4K support for TV output, which I presume is either bollocks or just some kind of upscaling solution.

I want a more powerful Switch. I think the kind of machine the Switch is, this is Nintendo's opportunity to  do an upgrade like you'd get in a phone or laptop a few years in, plays the same stuff, it's "cross-gen" for a while at least, but noticeably more powerful, and something they push, not like the N3DS

I don't see that sticking a bigger or better screen on the current Switch helps anyone. Putting a smaller one on might solve some of its problems I guess

That sounds more like a backwards compatible Switch 2, which I also think is the way to go, but it's at least year too early for that IMO. But a lot of people have been asking for a hardware revision à la One X or PS4 Pro which doesn't make much sense for a system like this.

I don’t think it’s a larger screen as much as it’s a screen without the boarders? I can’t see the joy cons sliding on and being shorter than the system. 

They were apparently asking devs to be 4k prepared earlier last year and seeing as Zelda, Prime and Bayonetta seem to be looking like Christmas -March releases they’ll probably the show pieces as upgrade reasons for all you pro players out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Some more stuffs about a new Switch. Sounds pricey, will probably have DLSS

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bloomberg-nintendo-to-use-new-nvidia-graphics-chip-in-2021-switch-upgrade-dlss-analysts-saying-350-399-msrp.398395/

DLSS is wot makes the resolution higher using AI for upscaling with little to no performance hit, however it can look pretty weird imo especially in motion.

All the cyberpunk and Control screenshots I took are actually rendered at something like 960p upscaled to 1440. Base Xbox One resolution. It can be passable sometimes. But some parts are a bit funky

• 3 weeks later...

That was solid. Never expected to see Oxenfree 2, I absolutely loved the original.

That Aztech game looked promising as well, it's basically an indie God of War in an Aztech setting (if you liked the art-style, check out Pawarumi btw.)

Couple of other nice titles in between that I forgot the names. I also found it both hilarious and sad that Konami is such a non-event these days that their next game is getting announced in an indie showcase. On the plus side it actually looked decent, who'd have thought.

But yeah, Oxenfree 2, can't wait.

beggers can't be choosers, but that's not what I really want a House of the Dead remake to look like. The game is campy and cartoon as fuck, this looks a bit grim dark. It also looks a lot faster than the original

I was cooking while watching this so absolutely none of it went in, will maybe watch it again at some point

Man I fucking hate the narrators on these Nintendo things.

Aerial Knights looks fun.

I really hope Olli Olli World comes to another platform. Same with Forgotten Gods, that looks pretty fucking good. But I want a better controller for these. Plus achievements and trophies make all the difference for me when playing those type of games. 

Skul looked great but it’s a Roguelike so meh. Same with GetsuFumaDen, that looked amazing but since heard Thats a rogue like too. Gutted. 

Cant wait for HoTD but not sure how they’re going to make it work without a light gun? 

Technically you can do pointer controls with the Joycon, but it's not as responsive as a classic Lightgun or even the Wii's infrared technology. It could work but the problem is that since the accelerometers are being used to pinpoint the position you might have to recalibrate regularly. And that would just ruin the entire thing in this case.

Also, do you not use the Pro Controller? Because bar the lack of analogue triggers that's pretty much the perfect controller out there IMO (related to your comment about Forgotten Gods).

Edit: oddly left out from yesterday's show was the announcement that Sky: Children of Light is coming to the system in June (thatgamecompany's follow-up game to Journey). I remember being really disappointed when they announced it as a mobile game back then so it's nice to see it's coming to a console now.

I’ll wait for reviews for HoTD before getting exited then. Could be ok. 

I do use a Pro controller but if I’m using TV I’d much rather play on the Xbox or PS. & even the hori split pad isn’t good enough for that type of game in handheld. Plus the face buttons are the wrong way round too and it fucks me up for hours everytime I try to use it.  I spend more time concentrating on where the button is rather than the game. I just don’t like using it to be honest.