passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Indeed. Probably one of the strongest series revivals I've seen in years. Let's be honest, Nintendo hasn't been much of a platform for Fighters for some time, other than Smash. It even had a new IP of it's own: Fighters Destiny, for N64. Both games were decent and quite unique. I understand the series was well received too. But the entire thing has been shelved, alongside F-Zero, 1080, Wave Race etc They really need something, beyond Smash and party games. Beyond shoddy NRS ports too.

• 2 weeks later...

Blizzard team-based shooter Overwatch will launch for Nintendo Switch, and you'll see this officially announced during today's Nintendo Direct.

An Overwatch-branded Nintendo Switch case spotted on Amazon recently set tongues wagging, and today a dodgy-looking piece of paper purporting to be a retailer release date list turned up on Resetera.

Kotaku reported its sources have heard about the Overwatch port. Eurogamer sources have heard the same.

Not saying it won’t be but, is Switch really the place to play online multiplayer shooters? Like if you had the option of Switch or pretty much anything else, who would get the Switch version? 

Hypocritically, I also own Skyrim and Doom on Switch but that was when seeing games like that on the system was just novel, but now it’s becoming like a thing and not as funny anymore. 

Paladins plays amazingly well on Switch, and has cross progression and cross play with Xbox and PC.

If Overwatch performs anywhere near as well, and it will because it's Blizzard, I'll definitely play some on Switch. Not sure if it'll have cross play/progress though, but would be excellent if it did.

@MillennialDwarf Yuck

For me the big thing was Doom 64. I’ve never actually played that game, but would like to give it a try. But for a second I thought it was going to be the N64 version of Quake 2 and was about to get super excited. 

There’s so many good games, though. I think I preferred it when Nintendo didn’t have any support. There library was a lot more manageable. 

EDIT: Xenoblade remake?! ?

@Blakey can finally play the good one ?