passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

One of the most hidden Hidden Gems is Super Crush KO, which is one of my favourite games of the year. I haven't seen it featured or recommended in the usual places I visit ever but it's a wonderful arcade-style beat 'em up that feels like a cross between Streets of Rage and Devil May Cry.

Nintendo has bought Next Level Games, the guys who made the last two Luigi's Mansion games and Metroid Prime Federation Force:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/nintendo_is_buying_luigis_mansion_studio_next_level_games

I think this is a good move. They have been developing exclusively for them for almost a decade now anyway and that gives them a bit more stability. I was surprised to hear they're only a team of around 50 people, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Platinum hope to give an update on Bayo 3 in 2021

https://nintendoeverything.com/platinumgames-hopes-to-give-an-update-on-bayonetta-3-and-more-in-2021/

At this point I'm expecting that it won't be a Switch game. 

I hope 3 is better than 2, 2 rewarded mashing in a way I did not like (bosses and enemies randomly parrying moves, having HP values balanced around spamming umbran climax instead of cool combos) while 1 was a more elegant and precise ballet of ridiculous bullshit that was enjoyable at all skill levels

Also more than half of 2's bosses were either underwater or while flying iirc, which made depth perception pretty difficult.

4 Years already? So weird. Hard to believe Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey were that long ago. I suppose around the five year mark is normal for a Console life cycle?

there's a ton of rumours about an upgraded Switch this year. I suppose say them enough and they'll be correct eventually, but there does seem to be growing evidence.

It needs it, there's a few things Nintendo could do with improving with the Switch, but just bumping the performance to keep the gap to the other consoles reachable. Plus it'll be interesting to play some of the already released games on it

I do wonder what they will do next, you can see evolution from will to wii u and now switch but other than power or 3D again, I’m not sure, it feels like the ps5 has pinched all Nintendo’s greatest hits in its new controller.

Like most I have a software wish list but Nintendo don’t seem to want to do, a new f-zero, a proper sequel to starfox

the wii u could of been great but those controls! And Metroid 4 or even give us the trilogy with conventional controls..

• 5 weeks later...

Ace Attorney will be there. I think Apex will too

there'll probably be some Animal Crossing stuff, Smash seems to be confirmed, Mass Effect maybe?

Personally, I'd like something new and interesting. the likes of Shin Megami and Bayo, I'd rather wait until they were close than have another tease for them