passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

I guess they wouldn't just skip DMC2, but surely DMC3 is the one people want.  Capcom are certainly being shrewd but surely wacking the trilogy pack on there would have been a better idea. 

Again, there were a lot of ports but I haven't played a lot of these ones so it all sounds pretty awesome.  I've been keeping an eye on the availability ofTokyo Mirage Sessions but there really is little reason to keep the Wii U set up for me, except if I want a little play of Star Fox Zero. 

Oh, here it btw

Lots of goodness in that Direct, in particular the SNES games being released today.

Also, one nice reveal from the Japanese Direct. Never before localized PS1 rpg Moon is being released on Switch worldwide.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/cult-classic-rpg-moon-coming-to-switch-on-october-10-in-japan-later-worldwide

Also, Dragon Quest 1-3 are being released on Switch. No mention of an English release but it’s not beyond the realms of possibility I guess. I’ll probably pick up DQ3 as it’s regarded as being one of the best in the series.

Also, I don’t think it was in the Direct but Puzzle Quest is coming to the Switch.

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/puzzle-quest-the-legend-returns-announced-for-switch

The one that really leapt out for me was Divinity Original Sin 2. The changes they've made to the graphics are smart I think, it might not look like you'd need a good pc for it but some of the fire effects can hit people's frame rates, and if you're going to drop the quality down its better to give it a flat cartoonish look imo 

Steam save support is cool, I'm not sure I'd want to pay full price for a Switch version just for the occasional handheld play but it's cool to have 

Xenoblade and Tokyo Mirage Sessions make sense. Depressing as it is to see more ports, they're games from Nintendo's old systems people might not have played. Tokyo Mirage is a decent game but it's far, far too twee. Ultimately the reason I stopped playing it is because I hated the tone rather than getting bored of the game 

I got to hand it to Nintendo: it takes a ridiculous amount of confidence to produce a 40 minute show with only three entirely new games. Deadly Premonition 2 was a really welcome surprise but neither the f2p Kirby nor this generic multiplayer shooter will set the world on fire. Everything else in this Direct was either already known or has been out for weeks/months/years on other platforms, regardless of how good those games are. At least the Xenoblade remake looks nice.

Thankfully the Switch lineup was already really strong even before this Direct came out but this was a very underwhelming show for which I'm glad I didn't stay up.

I tried to play the ‘good one’ on 3DS @Maf, got an hour in and threw in the towel ? XC2 is one of my favourite games of all time so the OG has a lot to live up to. 

The Direct was about a 7/10 for me. DP2, the XC remaster and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were the only standout announcements for me. The SNES games being added to Ninty Online is cool too.

Smash is this weird thing where they have raised the bar so high with characters like Snake, Cloud and Banjo that even really cool characters like Joker or Terry feel a bit 'meh' in comparison. Which is ridiculous when you think about it. How many headlines did Akuma make when he got added to Tekken 7? Now imagine Akuma being added to Smash. Yawn, right?

You have to wonder where they'll be going from here on out. More obscure characters like Doshin the Giant? Or rather characters that seem impossible because they don't make any sense like Raziel or the Master Chief?

1 hour ago, Blakey said:

I tried to play the ‘good one’ on 3DS @Maf, got an hour in and threw in the towel ? XC2 is one of my favourite games of all time so the OG has a lot to live up to. 

The Direct was about a 7/10 for me. DP2, the XC remaster and Tokyo Mirage Sessions were the only standout announcements for me. The SNES games being added to Ninty Online is cool too.

XC2 was a massive improvement on the first game. 

10 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

I guess they wouldn't just skip DMC2, but surely DMC3 is the one people want.  Capcom are certainly being shrewd but surely wacking the trilogy pack on there would have been a better idea

What if they ransom it behind dmc2 tho

Come on guys, lets all buy dmc2. It's not that bad, really.

1 hour ago, radiofloyd said:

XC2 was a massive improvement on the first game. 

This the 57th craziest sentence anyone has ever written

Also I’m genuinely infuriated there’s a Deadly Premonition sequel. Of all the bullshit.  

If you're actually genuinely infuriated then that's sad.

DP was a game with stupidly high ambition and great ideas all implemented on a £5 budget and all imbued with the spirit of David Lynch. So of course it has genuine fans who aren't just into it cause "dude it's so bad it's actually ironically good".

Yeah, Deadly Premonition is far too earnest to get angry at.  Not a cynical bone in its body and that's why it's liked.  As for the sequel?  Well, we'll have to see what's going on behind it. 

But I'd do agree about Xenoblade.  The first game has a much better premise, if not story as a whole.  And the battle system is less convoluted but still satisfying. 

DP might be one of the few games I would describe as disgusting. It is not to the level of those school shooter simulators or whatever, I’m not offended by it on a moral level. 

But in every other sense you could judge a game on or be affected by the thing makes me fucking sick. And so do the people who like it, bunch of fucking try hards. 

I’m not even mad at the sequel, maybe it’s fine, I just hate the fact that it retroactively extends the life span of the first game AGAIN. God dammit. In most cases I’m a live and let live kind of person but this game needs the equivalent of plane crash

Funny, I'd think the same about Sonic and comic book films.

Like I feel you define the reasons for why things are good by such limited criteria and find it impossible to see the reasons why people like things that you don't. I don't know dude I think your giving Pious a run for garbage opinions today. ?

DP isn't The Room of video games or anything like that, it's more like some low budget indie film type thing. I don't think you get to say people's fandom of it is illegitimate. 

DP is more akin to Neil Breen movies. @Maf Can you not be rude for the sake of being rude, you're coming across very childish.

What did everyone think of what was shown of Animal Crossing? I can't wait for it. I don't think anything new was revealed? Maybe multiplayer elements? But what was shown I will love relaxing to when we finally get to play next year.

11 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

omg I just noticed this